Callsign infos on in-game dialog pop-up

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
fox in the fog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Callsign infos on in-game dialog pop-up

Post by fox in the fog »

Here on the forums users have a profile, with an avatar but most importantly their active rate on the forum, their ranking and subscription date, the description ecc. On LU website there's the win ratio, date of the last match, affiliated team etc. All these infos are public and are there for a reason.
I think especially the LU infos (in particular affiliated team, win ratio, teammates and forum callsign subscription date) could be useful to trying to understand the kind of players you are playing with, or just to see what they are up to (historical player, new one, lots of matches ecc). Instead of searching for these infos outside of the game, I think it would be nice to have an in-game pop-up dialog (for example when clicking a callsign in the players list, or having a key mapped to show every player who is playing in the same screen page), window or whatever to access those infos. Apart from the GUI choices, I'm saying the client already has to check for a global registration to approve, so couldn't it also sync the rest of the data?
That's nothing special or important, just something some other games have and that I sometimes wish there was. Just bringing it out
fox
blast
General
General

Re: Callsign infos on in-game dialog pop-up

Post by blast »

The league is not directly affiliated with the BZFlag project.

Having additional information or things like an in-game avatar would be neat, but we'd have to standardize on some dimensions for the avatars and have some sort of moderation system in place.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

fox in the fog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by fox in the fog »

Yes, I see... Anyway I'm just happy you didn't mock me for this draft idea. Maybe someday we will see it.
fox
The Noah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Noah »

Is there any moderation for forum avatars?
I've been working on a real-time stats site called BZList, please check it out! It is still in active development, so some features are missing and watch out for bugs.

GitHub · Website · Get in touch · Stalk Me
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Not beyond removing one after we see it being used, no.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

The Noah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Noah »

Perhaps a player's in-game avatar would be the same as their forum one?
I've been working on a real-time stats site called BZList, please check it out! It is still in active development, so some features are missing and watch out for bugs.

GitHub · Website · Get in touch · Stalk Me