Some ideas

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
huw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Some ideas

Post by huw »

1/ Why not have a camera mode for screenshots were you can take pictures of your own tank and change the viewpoint

2/Team Rabbit hunt. There can be two teams. One person from one of the teams is the rabbit. Team one have to kill the rabbit. Team 2 has to protect the rabbit.

3/Roaming tank. Instead of being an observer and watching the best player you could be an invisible tank the wanders around watching.
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

for #3 you can do that using some keys see bzflag wiki servercommands or something like taht.
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

Well currently you can just be in roaming mode, where you're a camera that moves around. Roaming tank would be all of the movement and jumping abilities of a tank, that simply has a permanent Phantom Zone or something, and doesn't interfere with the game. I believe that's planned for the next release, but I'm not sure.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

it is?

we have a plan?!?!

there is nothing in 1.11.16 like that now, and I havent' heard of anyone saying they were going to implement it.
ImageJeffM
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

PL, strangely enough, while I was searching through config files, I found a "screenshots" directory created by my client in my config file directory. I know that it was created by 1.11.16, because it didn't exist before, and because it had screenshots from a session I had entered just minutes before, all with my name on the screen.

So, how did that happen?
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

Patlabor221 wrote:it is?

we have a plan?!?!

there is nothing in 1.11.16 like that now, and I haven’t' heard of anyone saying they were going to implement it.
I could've sworn I heard someone - I thought it was you - say that some sort of new observer mode was planned for the next release. Oh well.. Maybe I just saw it on the wiki as one of those "Someday" ideas.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

ohh screenshots yeah, I was talking about the roaming, sorry.

yeah 1.12 will have a screenshot feature, but it dosn't let you position a camera or antying, just a shot of whats in the screen buffer.
ImageJeffM
Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

I thought screenshots have been around since 1.10.x?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

not as PNG I don't think, and I don't think they go into the a screenshots folder.

I could be wrong tho.
ImageJeffM
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

Screenshots have been PNG since 1.10.4. Screenshotting has been in since 1.10.0, but used to capture RAWs which are unusable by just about everything. 1.10.x screenshots go in the app directory in windows, not sure where in *nix - ~ probably. 1.11.x puts the screenshots in the screenshots directory.
nurdc0re
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nurdc0re »

DTRemenak wrote:Screenshots have been PNG since 1.10.4. Screenshotting has been in since 1.10.0, but used to capture RAWs which are unusable by just about everything. 1.10.x screenshots go in the app directory in windows, not sure where in *nix - ~ probably. 1.11.x puts the screenshots in the screenshots directory.
In my experience, it goes in / (root of your hard disk) in Mac OS X with 1.10.6.
huw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by huw »

This image http://www.bzflag.org/screenshots/bzfi0014.jpg seems to show a kind of roaming mode.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

yeah, we've had normal roaming for ages, your just not a tank. you move thru the map in whatever direction you want.
ImageJeffM