Flag Ideas: TankLink and Reverse TankLink

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
oblomov
Private First Class
Private First Class

Flag Ideas: TankLink and Reverse TankLink

Post by oblomov »

This is a very stupid idea but with some interesting aspects.

These flags allows tanks to "link" to each other. Linked tanks appear one on top of the others, attached by the turret. They will be the "base" tank and the "air" tank.

Either tank can break the link whenever they want, by "dropping": even if they carry a flag, dropping while linked will simply unlink the tanks. Each tank can shoot, too, and while the "base" tank can drive, turn, jump etc, the "air" tank can only turn. Thus the linked tanks act as a tank with two turrets: one aiming in the heading direction, and a free one. The pilot on the "air" tank will see the world upside down (since his tank is upside down!), though.

Hitting the linked tanks will blow the "base" tank and "jump" the air tank. If it's possible to determine shot directions, shots coming "from above" will blow both tanks, though.

Both flags act when a tank carrying one of them and another tank meet; three possible cases:

1. tank A has TL, and tank B doesn't have TL (can have anything else, even RTL): tank A becomes the "base" tank, tank be the "air" tank.

2. tank A has RTL, and tank B doesn't have RTL (can have anything else, even TL): tank A becomes the "air" tank, and tank B the "base" tank.

3. both tanks have the same flag (TL or RTL): they both explode.
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

lol i like 3 :) . i think thats a worderful idea. but one more rule lets say... you can only link to your teammates otherwise ;) ...
sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

hmmmm

Post by sid6.7 »

im not sure this would be a really effective add-on to the game
i wonder if there would be a "collision""seal" problem when
going inside low buildings or low platforms...or at least
there would be no collision and hence give us another
"glitch?"....

a flag with the ability to shoot behind or in all directions
in a starburst pattern might be more what you want....
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

oh i see. yes collisions might get screwed up... but just make the tanks detatch if they hit something that will mess it up..?
oblomov
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oblomov »

I don't see why collisions should be a problem. If the Link cannot happen, the tanks will explode (or not Link). If the tanks are linked already, then they won't be able to get under low places (just like now there are maps with places that can only be reached by burrowed tanks.

Scorch: I think you should be able to link anybody, teammate or not. Since you can still choose to unlink whenever you want, that shouldn't be a problem.
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

i see... but what if the other guy has SW? you link to an oppenent with SW!? lol yah sure, this needs s'more rules.
oblomov
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oblomov »

Yes, it needs some thoughts. IMO you should be immune to the SW of the Linked tank.