New Game Mode Ideas...

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!

New Game Mode Ideas...

Post by Guest »

Instead of FFA, CTF and RabbitHunt...:

1. Anyone played Bulldogs at school?
Okay, you pick one kid who stands in the middle. Everyone else goes to one end.
Then somone shouts Go and everyone at the end has to get to the other end whilst the one guy in the middle has to try to shoot you. If you get shot you change sides so now you have to shoot the others too. (If your one of the shooters, you cannot be shot and the runners cannot shoot...).
The ones that make it to the other end then have to get back to the end they started at and all those in the middle must once again shoot them to stop them... This goes on untill only one guy is left trying to run... This is the winner.

2. A variation on Bulldogs, 2 teams, the map would have 3 sections, each end is a teams area and a strip in the middle is no mans land. Anyone in no mans land can be shot, you cant be shot if your in your own team area but you can shoot out of it.The aim is to get into the other teams area, then you get this:
ShockWave/GM/SB or soemthing, and somehting that means you don't die untill you have been shot THREE times... So now you can run around killing everyone else...
Whenever anyone dies they go right back to the start in thjeir own teams area...

3. SuperRabbit hunt
Like regular rabbit hunt, except the rabbit does not show on screen (CL) and/or radar (ST), is tiny/narrow and has GM...

4. Mazes
Everyone starts at the same point at the same time and it is a race to get out of the maze. No Radar, No SB or SW. The start point is a no shoot area so you can't camp... Rico would be interesting... ;)

And I'll try to think of more later...

I know I should be posting this at sourceforge, but I wanted to run the ideas past all you first. :D

Let me know what you think!
elem3nt
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elem3nt »

3. SuperRabbit hunt
Like regular rabbit hunt, except the rabbit does not show on screen (CL) and/or radar (ST), is tiny/narrow and has GM... [/quote[

How are you supposed to kill the rabbit, then?
4. Mazes
Everyone starts at the same point at the same time and it is a race to get out of the maze. No Radar, No SB or SW. The start point is a no shoot area so you can't camp... Rico would be interesting...
Sounds like an idea for a map to me...

I'd like to see some type of round based combat, where if you are shot, you cannot respawn until the next round. Both teams would have some type of simple objectives.

Post by Guest »

In the SUPER Rabbit Hunt It would just be harder to kill him/her...
I love Rabbit Hunt, but hardly ever play because their are either 20 people playing, or none.
When there are 20 players, as soon as you shoot the rabbit, someone else gets you...
In Super rabbit you would be able to stay as rabbit longer...

And, with Maze, you'r right, it is pretty much just a map... but right now there is no way to implement a race Feature or a "No Shooting Zone"...

Although, thinking about it, a FFA in a Maze would still be awesome.

I also developed Idea 2 more:
4 Teams, (Example Map: http://www.kaziaz.com/stuff/mapidea.png)
Same idea as before but if you go into the base on the left you get Flag X, go into the base opposite you get Flag Y and the base to your right, Flag Z...
And I thought of a way to do something like this already:
You know how if you can go into a pyramid, you can shoot out, but they can't shoot in...? Then each base area would be inside a pyramid like that and it would be normal CTF... :D
The Vaxorcist
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Vaxorcist »

Have Soccer: You try to take the one flag to your opponents base
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Memnarch »

mugwump84 wrote:Have Soccer: You try to take the one flag to your opponents base
Ummm.... wouldn't this be basically the same thing as CTF? except you don't die and there are points.
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

how bout a BigBossMonsterTankFight? lol

i actually got this idea when i was beta testing v2.0 and was on 1 of trepans' test maps where there were these large map objects that looked like exact replicas of bzflag tanks ..only much much bigger .

alot of video games have like a big boss monster u have to kill in order to pass onto the next level or to win the game . and i thought wow wouldn't it be neat to have that in bzflag too? where there was a server in which every1 was on the same side , fighting a common enemy and working together? u have to kill all the regular bot tanks first to reach the monsterbot . then the bigmonsterbot appears . it can take alot of hits(there would have to be a counter or something) , and it could also like shoot all kinds of stuff(GM's , lasers , ect.) at every1 , jump up and down an smush peeps(lol) cloak on an off , even poop out lil bot tanks that chase every1(lol)...
and with skeery background music to boot lol
i think that would be so kewl

just another crazy idea of mine , heehe

;D
Last edited by Rebel Chik0rita on Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Memnarch wrote:
mugwump84 wrote:Have Soccer: You try to take the one flag to your opponents base
Ummm.... wouldn't this be basically the same thing as CTF? except you don't die and there are points.
No. there is already a game mode like that called HTF. Its on a ctf map, but the point of the game is to capture your own flag.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

HTF is alot of fun . mee an many others have played it before .

regular HTF (every1 on the same team , trying to capture the same flag) has been defined and is what most people play .

it's been around for awhile . mainly as an unofficial improvised game mode ...
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

moved to enhancements
ImageJeffM
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sir_Pants »

what'd about neutral ctf? one flag that two teams fight over to capture?
MONKEYPANTS.COM
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

How about this TakeTheFort (base) game I played in paintball... A base and you have 30sec. to be on the base to win. If they kill you between those 30sec then you have to do it all over again if someone actually stands that long then everyone blows up and goes to his kill points.