New physics idea

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

New physics idea

Post by The Purple Panzer »

It occurred to me when playing on a map today - how about a
teleporter option for physics? When you touch an object, instead of dying or moving, you effectively end up somewhere else?

Tdoesn't literally have to be a teleporter - perhaps you could
just be relocated to another (x,y,z) position, with the same momentum, etc. So it isn't reversible as teleporters may be. Map designers might make this new position close (perhaps as if you've virtually traversed the object); in this case, your destination position should probably be a function of your initial contact position (or maybe I've just complicated it enough to put people off).
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

From what I can understand out of your post... I think you're saying that you want objects to have teleporter ability? Isn't that already the point of teleporters? Sorry if I'm confusing what you said.

May be an alternative is to enhance teleporters, adding toggled properties that:
  • allows teleporters to teleport instantly on contact, instead of having to pass through them (this will essentially "warp" a tank from point a to point b without acting like a doorway).
  • allows a teleporter to exist without showing on radar or from POV (my knowledge of 2.0.x is limited, so does this already exists?)
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

More

Post by The Purple Panzer »

There is something of a wrinkle, though, in having this be the property of an object: the object can be quite big, and the teleport destination might be a function of where on the object you come in contact.

Maybe it's a little redundant, but it seems that if touching an object can *kill* you, it ought to be able to move you to a new position.