Double Image

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Deactivated User 2303
Private
Private

Double Image

Post by Deactivated User 2303 »

Double image is a flag im thinking about ptuing up, its where when you get this flag a image of you (or hologram) appears right next to you on left or right side or where ever available so that this hologram doesn't go through a wall. The trick is like when someone sees it they don't no which one to shoot at so they just shoot wich tricks them and you can kill them. The hologram can not kill anybody its like phantom zone. i aslo thought if you right click you can change the position of the hologram like on the left or right side or in front or back. ok do you guys think this would be a good flag?
:?
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

But when the person with the flag shoots, would his hologram shoot too? If so, what type of bullets, normal or zoned?
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

It would be really obvious... keeping the holographic tank to one side would cause its movement to be weird whenever you turn.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

This might also be called a "decoy" flag. :)
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."

Post by Guest »

What would work better would be a "Remote controlled Decoy", where when you get the flag, you get to control another tank while you stay still, but then they have to shoot you, not the decoy...
or maybe, you control yourself and the rc at the same time, but the rc does the opposite of you?
penguinix
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by penguinix »

how about making it a decoy but instead of 1 decoy 2 of them spawn on a random side (ex. one in front and one to the right, or or one on the left and one slightly behind the left one)
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

moved to enhancements
ImageJeffM
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

I think it would be really tough to remotely control a decoy when trying to control your own tank. It would be entirely too easy to get the controls mixed up.

Probably the easiest way to "decoy" would be to generate a temporary bot which fires PZ shots..... I would think that might be easier to code, too.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

How about an assistant bot? :) it stays near you and shoots at everybody but you (and your teamates). Like those little balls in the star wars videos :D
M1A2AbramsTank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by M1A2AbramsTank »

I like it, now where did i put that remote control?
I'm baaaaaaaaack!