what new features would be cool

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
penguinix
Private First Class
Private First Class

what new features would be cool

Post by penguinix »

post whatever you think would make a cool new feature. Personall i would love to see voice over chat like in counter strike. Though this may be a little to complex for bzflag.
the worst player here
Private
Private

Post by the worst player here »

I think a "shooting me kills you" flag could be fun.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

moved to enhancements
ImageJeffM
nurdc0re
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nurdc0re »

the worst player here wrote:I think a "shooting me kills you" flag could be fun.
How about if when you get shot, a bunch of random bullets fly out in all directions (shrapnel flag or something....)? I am not sure if this would be a super-flag or a bad flag though....
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

i like the idea of an immunity (IM) flag .
u are immune to your teammates bullets , and your bullets cannot hurt your teammates . also u are immune to dieing indirectly by genocide (if your teammate gets hit by a genocide bullet) or if you get hit by geno you die but not your teammates . you can still die if your team flag is captured however .

an idea for another bad flag is landmine (LM) flag . if u pick it up ... u blow upz ;)

yes/no/maybe?

Post by Guest »

What about secondary fire? Could open up a whole new dimension, but would be a lot of extra work for the devs...
I was thinking along the lines of being able to drop landmines and stuff.
And maybe, when you get a GM/SW/SB flag, that will count as your primary fire, but you can still fire normal shots as secondary...

But, if that's too far-fetched, how about the ability to drop a LandMine when you get a LandMine flag...
You pick up the flag, and the next shot youfire drops the mine which blows up the next tank to roll over it...
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

RC cola wrote:an idea for another bad flag is landmine (LM) flag . if u pick it up ... u blow upz ;)

yes/no/maybe?
There's an unwritten rule that says no bad flags may cause an instant-death. It wouldn't be fair at all.
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

o okies

i like that idea too CBG
i've seen landmine objects in bz v2.0 that can blow u up when u touch them and they're kinda neat =)
mayb they can also be visible on radar as very tiny red squares? so they won't be too haphazardly dangerous .
IIRC , there was an arcade version of battlezone where there were hovering landmines that actually followed you ...

O.O
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

RC cola wrote:an idea for another bad flag is landmine (LM) flag . if u pick it up ... u blow upz ;)

yes/no/maybe?
This could be funny. Picture all flags on a map are land mines in a 2 team, old-school, 1-2 shot CTF game. Or may be all are land mines except about 3 which are GM, L, or SW on an FFA server. It would make you have to kill yourself over and over again before you got a dominating flag. :)
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
ClayOgre
Private First Class
Private First Class

teleporters

Post by ClayOgre »

I would like to see "flat" teleporters that could be driven over rather than through. I also think it would be cool to be able to hide teleporters.

Another possibility would be a flag that allows the bearer to change the way teleporters link simply by passing through those he wishes to link together.

A chaff flag. Someone with this flag could make use of it to disable opponents radar within a radius determined by the mapmaker.

A drone flag. (rare) You pick this up and your tank becomes protected while you are in control of one or more "throwaway" drone tanks of limited duration (to be determined by the mapmaker). Drones might or might not be able to pick up flags themselves (again, up to the mapmaker). It also might be possible to shoot oneself with a drone tank. Perhaps you could even respawn the primary tank in a new location when this flag is picked up. I am not sure what good this flag is, but it might be an interesting concept. You could perhaps even allow the user to toggle between both tanks and have control of both. Again, limited duration.
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

I would like to see "flat" teleporters that could be driven over rather than through. I also think it would be cool to be able to hide teleporters.
So that you would fall through them and down from the receiving TP (i.e. horizontal instead of vertical)? I like that idea.