More functions for the tank

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
kc9foh
Private First Class
Private First Class

More functions for the tank

Post by kc9foh »

How about adding a turret that moves seperate from the rest of the tank. Like real tanks. You could use the arrow keys for the tank's main body for foward, reverse, left, and right. Use the mouse for moving the turret for aiming left or right. Have the camera follow the movement of the turret and use your radar for seeing where you are going or use a split screen or wa small window for seeing where you are aiming. Then move the jump key to a location on your keyboard closer to the arrow keys. I think this will add more challenge to the game and more fun. You could add this feature through options so that a player could revert to the old way if he/she wishes. Thankyou.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

You could add this feature through options so that a player could revert to the old way if he/she wishes
This would give people that learn this feature an extreme advantage!

You could use the arrow keys for the tank's main body for foward, reverse, left, and right. Use the mouse for moving the turret for aiming left or right.
You talk of some evil thing... I think it's called a morse or mouths?
Like I said: EVIL!
(I know a few people that have "that evil 'm' word" trouble, so this would make it harder on them)

or use a split screen
YOWZA!!! I WANT TWO PLAYER SPLIT SCREEN TOO!!!
(this would make the window even more crowded and make my lag skyrocket on bzflag0)

I would like this idea only if it didn't include using the mouse, clutter up the HUD even more, and take TONS of minor changes.

I would love it if it just used six keys instead of four and mouse.

And that the screen turned with the turret.
(you could still see where you were going with radar... or if you had tracks on you could see which way is forward)

Just make it like 007:NightFire multie player with tanks.
(if you have the game just pop some cheat codes and check them out.)

Like always, This would take a while to add...

NOW! Let's get talk'n 'bout that split-screen!!!
kc9foh
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kc9foh »

Ok I know this might seem a little much but in certain maps this would be nice or when the map in not very busy. There are others I have talk with that would like this function. I know there is limits but it would be cool. Thank you.

Post by Guest »

No way could I use the KB and Mouse.
Not that I have a mouse......
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

If you have a mac check out the game Kill Dr. Coté.
It uses mouse and KB!
(Some big gaming company got a license and made a copy of it... but this one is free...)

If you can't find it check out www.udevgames.com.
(My game is in there somewhere... along with it and some cool ones...)

This would be a greate patch that people download and test on servers that allow it.
(because the server would reject you if you sent extra data to it... like turret rotation........)

I think if they do add it in it should be a flag!
(and fully settable in the keys so I dont' have to use mouse.)
kc9foh
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kc9foh »

Sorry no mac yet. WIndows XP and Xandros linux though. I am trying to save my pennies for a mac though. Maybe someday. Oh happy days.