PS2 Linux and BZflag

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
isfry
Private First Class
Private First Class

PS2 Linux and BZflag

Post by isfry »

Has anyone played with this at all? I downloaded the source tonight with it and compiled it. It would only make bzfs, bzrelay, and bzfls no bzflag :( Has anyone put any work into this? I was just kinda playing around with it since I had a linux kit and wonder if anyone else done any work with this?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Does the PS2 linux have a hardware OpenGL implmenetation? Last I heard it just exposed some of the native PS2 APIs, but not all. Without GL there would be a lot to rewrite.. But hey if you have a PS2 and the $200 hard drive, and net kit, and the linux kit and wana give it ago, have fun :)

Now The X-box is another story. It has GL on it's moded linux OS, and they say it will soon be hardware. Me and Tim have both orderd MOD chips to try and get BZ running on the x-box, tho I have not receved mine yet, don't know about Tim.
ImageJeffM
isfry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by isfry »

i will have to look at the ps2 linux site and see what they have for gl on it but the server does work for it so you could your your PS2 for a server but then again i think bsfs will compile on about any linux system.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

yes you coudl use it as an expensive server..... but why?
ImageJeffM
isfry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by isfry »

One of those because you can but then again at 400ish it would not be that bad and it can play other games when it is not set up as a server. I don't see anyone mounting that in a server roon and hooking up a T1 or something to it but just something to play with or have set up on a home network or a reason to have on in your office. "that is our linux server sir!"