Flag idea

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Flag idea

Post by AlliedArmour »

How about a Boat flag? You are longer, thinner, and faster than usual. Bullets are something like Rapid Fire. And you float on Water or any object that is meant to be water. Maybe another setting for objects to define whether it's water or not.
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

hmm, sounds like high speed, narrow, obese, and rapid fire put together :? Sounds to complicated. Some questions come to mind too. Would you be a normal tank on land? Could you move on land? etc.
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AlliedArmour »

Not as thin as tiny - only somewhat thinner than normal. Not as long as obese - but longer. Kinda like a speedboat. Maybe just a normal tank on the ground. Touch the water and you become a armed speedboat. In which case Speedboat is a better name.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

but what about, like in 2 castles, where there is a barrier around the water?and would a current affect you?

and what if you dropped the flag while in the water...do you drown, or do what the server has set?
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AlliedArmour »

Can you jump over the barrier? And where do I get that map from? Sounds interesting. Currents should affect tanks as they do boats. I guess that the tank just gets destroyed(though why anyone would drop the flag in water is beyond me :) ).
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

hmm, i know this would probably take the whole idea away from bzflag, but they should have a boats and tanks, half of your team would be boats, other tanks.
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AlliedArmour »

That's an interesting idea!
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

i often accidentally hit the spacebar on my comp. in the normal run of play. sometimes i forget to hit the 'n' key to chat, and i type away, changing alot of things, and hitting space...
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

ye. one thing. when you make maps with water in, you can't give the water a current. if you want it to move you put in a texture matrix, which only moves the texture not the water. secondly, to the game water is just a box like everything else with a water texture. for example

this is a normal meshbox:

meshbox
position 100 20 5
size 20 30 10
end

this is water:

meshbox
position 100 20 5
size 20 30 10
texture water
end

soi the game wouldn't recognise that you were on water.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Toastline
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Toastline »

People have given water current before. I think it has something to do with some effect the material has, that causes you to move.
OMNOM!

Post by Guest »

That would be a physics driver. :)
Toastline
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Toastline »

Aha! Well, then, there you go.
OMNOM!
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

that's what i said.....

it's not a current it's just a texture and a physics driver. and, incidentaly, physics drers don't take affect if you are INSIDE the box. only if you are on an outer face. maybe a dev could implement this. prehaps like texturing have an "inside phydrv" and an "outside phydrv"
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Valoche
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Valoche »

Why would a dev do that? Just use 2 meshboxes, one for the water, one (with the physics driver) for the river bed.
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AlliedArmour »

That's how I'd do the river current. But someone could add another property to objects: water. That could define whether or not a tank floats(unless the map uses the water object)