Two best things that could be added to BZFlag

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!

Good Ideas?

1st idea
32%
2nd idea
No votes
both
37%
They're both just crap
32%

Total votes: 19

The Vaxorcist
Private First Class
Private First Class

Two best things that could be added to BZFlag

Post by The Vaxorcist »

1. The ability to drive up ramps and stairways. The barrel of the tank tilts up as the tank goes up the slope.

2. The ability to tilt the tank barrel up and down - say a key for move up, down, and center. To keep it from changing the gameplay, it would need to move slowly, and have a range of moment.

The first one, I really think would allow a wider diversity in game play. The second would just be nice - esp. with gm for shooting wg's. These might be rather substantial changes to the code base, but I really think it would be nice. Any thoughts, input.... or flames at least. :)
Where's Darwin when you need him?

Lagger@Everywhere
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

I think both ideas have been vetoed by Tim Riker, so it'll be a long time before anything related to either one will be considered. But I would like to see the ability to maneuver around gentle slopes and pyramids without having to jump.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
The Vaxorcist
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Vaxorcist »

Workaphobia wrote:I think both ideas have been vetoed by Tim Riker, so it'll be a long time before anything related to either one will be considered. But I would like to see the ability to maneuver around gentle slopes and pyramids without having to jump.
I expected something like that :wink:

But you're exactly right about it being used for gentle slopes. maybe something like a wheelchair ramp as well
Where's Darwin when you need him?

Lagger@Everywhere
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

Now that I think about it, there was a map called the River that was active when 2.0 was released. It had a ramp that used physics drivers to push the player up in small increments, and took a while to take you to the top. If you tried to jump to speed things up, you often overshot the wall that the ramp was connected to. That's a situation where smooth inclines - whether in the form of an object flag or another kind of physics driver - would be incredibly useful.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

I think that both ideas would be great... if the second one is no good maybe at least the first one? Think how Hills and No Radar would be like climbing up all the mountains. :lol: Shouldn't be too hard with a base of all these programmers. :roll:
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Yeah, I like both of 'em.

In fact, once I had a flag idea for something called the Sticky Flag. It would allow you to stick to surfaces on walls and floors. YOu would be a able to tilt your tank's gun barrel around to shoot enemies.
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

idea #2: -set _ShotAdVerticalVelocity thats the closest thing to that, i dont like the titling of the barrel, most of the flags would have their advantages tooken away, like gm.
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
huw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by huw »

I like the first idea and I suggested it awhile back but it got turned down :(