Cloaked tanks leaving tracks

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
a monkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Cloaked tanks leaving tracks

Post by a monkey »

You can tell where a cloaked tank is by the tracks it leaves on the ground. Maybe cloaked tanks should have cloaked tracks, too?
May the source be with you.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

you can see there shots when they shoot.

maybe they should have invisible shots too!!!
</sarcasm>

the tread marks are one of the signs that the cloaked tank has to be wary of, just like giving away themselves when they shoot.
ImageJeffM
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

*comments on jeff new pic and wonders how you change the ranking picture*
I kind of like the new track feature, hmm maybe they should be invisable on radar too :lol-old:
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

^nightmare^
you don't change your rank pick... I DO ;)
ImageJeffM
elem3nt
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elem3nt »

It's even better with all the beta eye candy - they "ripple" when they jump down on a surface, and their shots have a "puff" - with the help of the radar, it's almost like having a real tank in front of you.
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

Cloaked tanks are still more difficult than uncloaked tanks to hit with the tracks - especially when they have been standing still for a while.

Likewise, stealthed tanks are still better than unstealthed tanks at creeping up on you even though their jumps and landings make the usual sound.

They are good limiters to your flag's abilities - just as GMs not arming at short target ranges is.

A mark of skill is knowing your weaknesses as well as your strengths (knowing your opponent's weaknesses and strengths also helps).
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

^Yup. I like to kill SWs in Hide 'n Seek hills by flying high up in front of them (enough to make them see me) and tempt them to jump. Then I drop a bit, fly back, and kill him in mid-jump.

SWs don't go forward much when your moving forward. ;)
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

dartman wrote:SWs don't go forward much when your moving forward. ;)
Which is a good thing to remember when you AND your opponent have SW. Most people in that situation will charge you. Let them charge you and back off yourself, all the time firing the SW. You will have the better range and most of the time will make them toast. :D
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

RexFlex wrote:
Which is a good thing to remember when you AND your opponent have SW. Most people in that situation will charge you. Let them charge you and back off yourself, all the time firing the SW. You will have the better range and most of the time will make them toast. :D
I also like to drop my flag quickly and shoot them when they're not expecting it. :lol-old: They never know what hit them... works great too if you have SW and you're trying to chase someone.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

A Meteorite wrote:
RexFlex wrote:
I also like to drop my flag quickly and shoot them when they're not expecting it. :lol-old: They never know what hit them... works great too if you have SW and you're trying to chase someone.
unless they out quick you. they see your flag drop and jump forward, your stuck beneath him and panick ,quickly, you look for a place to jump out of the way, but as you wipe the sweat from your head *BOOM!* ur dead!
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

^Uh....it's not THAT intense...
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

i know, i love being dramatic :lol-old: