Graphics of weapon on you tank!

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!

Do you think this is a good idea?

Yes! I love it!
25%
Nah. Not so great.
33%
I don't even care cuz I'm a loser.
42%

Total votes: 12

guitarman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Graphics of weapon on you tank!

Post by guitarman »

Ok, so if u had a GM flag, you could have this giant gun on top your tank, kinda like the back of a real hummer used in war. L flag could have a laser gun that glows on top of your tank. SW flag could have.... i dunno maybe a bomb on top? Umm... WG flag could have boosters, kinda like the ones underneath the tank but bigger! I'm picturing for these ideas something like in Twisted Metal, the way the weps are on top of the vehicle. Anyone think this is a cool idea? 8)
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

no, because BZ isnt about great graphics. its a fun escape from reality. once again, code it up if you wanna.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
guitarman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by guitarman »

Gee, thanx for the support with my fanastic idea :|
i know bz isnt about graphix but still, it would b cooler than cool! 8)
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

I think that would be fun!

The graphic could be installed as part of the bzflag game. Most of the graphics are in place when you install bzflag, so these guns, wings etc. could just be png images. You wouldn't have to download anything at all during the game. Even if the barrel shape changed to accomodate the power up, it would be cool.

On another, harder to implement note, it would be cool if players could truly customize the look of their individual tank. For example, mine would most likely have a big pony tail out the back of the turret. The trouble would be that individual clients would have to upload information, and all the others would have to download them. Still, even a personalized bumper sticker would be neat.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

It would be cool, but I would imagine that it would take a lot of code changes. AFAIK, the tank model in the game currently doesn't change, besides dimensions.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
guitarman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by guitarman »

It was just an idea :roll:
Glassjaw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Glassjaw »

i dont like this idea, not because of potential problems code-wise (or the gfx),
but because of the gameplay.

sometimes you run up to a tank without checking what flag they are carrying...a few seconds later u get killed by SW..
or another example, if everyone could see immediately that someone was holding a geno flag, they wouldn't even come close to that tank.

it's aaaall about the surprise effect guys... :p