Flag Spawnage

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Flag Spawnage

Post by Sir_Pants »

what about a command for mapping that would prevent a team flag from spawning on the object, it would just be like the "shootthrough", and "drivethrough" commands but it would prevent and team flag from spawning on said object, it would be very useful for us mappers too...
ie

meshbox
name box
position 0 0 10
size 10 10 10
matref wall
noflagspawn
end
MONKEYPANTS.COM
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Maybe I am getting it wrong but I think that teamflags never spawn anywhere except on bases. :?

Post by Guest »

True Satu, but I think Pants wants it to apply to ALL flags. But then we ask, what happens if a flag is dropped on said object?
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

CannonBallGuy wrote:True Satu, but I think Pants wants it to apply to ALL flags. But then we ask, what happens if a flag is dropped on said object?
disappears and appears elsewhere. Like on pyramids, you can't drop a flag on them, (well, i don't play on the new-fangled servers, So I could be going off of old knowledge)

That used to be an old trick when I killed a camper. If I wasn't in the mood for camping, i'd pick up their flag and drop it on a pyramid, forcing it to respawn elsewhere, or as a totally different flag. Kinda like declawing a lion. they lose their precious :D
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

We mappers used to have an old trick of placing invisible drivethrough pyramids over stuff, or an upside-down drivethrough mesh face, or some other drivethrough stuff to prevent flagspawn. It seems though that around 2.0.3 most of these workarounds stopped working. :(

So yes, this would be really nice, especially for things like the MoFo text in the sky on mofo servers...
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.