Upgrade Superbullet

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
The Gecko
Private First Class
Private First Class

Upgrade Superbullet

Post by The Gecko »

I was just thinking about the superbullet flag and realized that your bullets can go through walls and buildings but when they hit a tank, they disappear/die.

Wouldn't it be better if superbullets never "died?" Meaning they would just keep going through anything no matter what what they hit. So hypothetically you could shoot the entire opposing team with one bullet if the were all lined up.

I think this would make the flag slightly more powerful, but not so much as to make it unfair. Just a thought. What do you guys think? :wink:
Save up to 50% on tank insurance!
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

ive wondered the same thing. seems logical it could be odne with a plugin, and i bet there already is one for that.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

A Heart Attack wrote:ive wondered the same thing. seems logical it could be odne with a plugin, and i bet there already is one for that.
Not really. It would require change on the client-end, which is something a plugin can't do.

I would guess that if this was done, for compatibility, we wouldn't see it until 2.2.x.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

hmm. w/e... said from a master plug-in-developer
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Theme97 »

L4m3r wrote:
A Heart Attack wrote:ive wondered the same thing. seems logical it could be odne with a plugin, and i bet there already is one for that.
Not really. It would require change on the client-end, which is something a plugin can't do.
Maybe, L4m3r, if it used a world weapon from the killer!

But SW world weapons from players crash, so I'm not too sure about SB.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Theme97 wrote:Maybe, L4m3r, if it used a world weapon from the killer!

But SW world weapons from players crash, so I'm not too sure about SB.
Almost possible, but no. :p there's no way to tell which direction the original shot came from, and using the killer's position at the time of the kill would be inaccurate because the player has usually moved by the time the shot hits the victim. Plus, this would increase the range a lot.

:p
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

ive wondered the same thing. seems logical it could be odne with a plugin, and i bet there already is one for that.
No, bullets are handled by shot strategies... you could edit your own client to let other ppl's bullets do that but it's impossible for your own bullets to do that on an un-edited client.

Almost possible, but no. there's no way to tell which direction the original shot came from, and using the killer's position at the time of the kill would be inaccurate because the player has usually moved by the time the shot hits the victim. Plus, this would increase the range a lot
MsgShotBegin, gives the position and speed of shot. Use some simple trig and you have the direction of shot and speed.

Problem is it would take a lot of code to do that... but a simple client change would fix it... probably comment out the line that says it's ending because it hit a tank. Then just make it play nice with reload time.