New Flag Idea

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

New Flag Idea

Post by dartman »

Temporary Invincibility. (TI)

The server sets how long you get invincibility and whenever someone shoots you, the bullets will ricochet off your tank.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be done easier with the ability to set the number of times the tank can be hit while having shield?
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Win Xp wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be done easier with the ability to set the number of times the tank can be hit while having shield?
Well, I was just playing on Mario's old mapo a few minutes ago when I thought of how cool it would be to have a flag that ricochets off of you so instead you being shot, it can bounce off of you and possibly hit the shooter instead. Obviously this means you'd need invincibility. But also I'm sure Tim Riker, Jeff, and the other devs wouldn't like a long-lasting invincibility, so it would have a time limit. The closest thing I can thing I can thing of to this would be the the Starman items you see in a lot of Mario games, only instead of bowling over enemies, their shots would simply bounce off of you. Kinda like Superman or something, I guess.

The main thing with this idea I had in mind was turning the tables. With SH, you can't really turn the tables. When someone shoots you, you just drop your flag. If they shooot you enough at once really fast, you're done for. With my idea, all those shots would bounce off of you and head towards them or some other enemies.

I could also easily seeing this working well for teamwork or something. If your teammate had the flag and was being ganged up on, you could shoot him and have the shots ricochet toward his targeters.
The Cabbage Man
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Cabbage Man »

that would be good for rabbit hunt :shock:
There are 2 types of pedestrians, the quick and the dead.
The Knights Who Say Ni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Knights Who Say Ni »

no i dont like the idea...
Sig Made By AlliedArmour

TGPH
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

^Because....?
MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

I like it a bit only part of me doesn't want it...maybe the bullet that hits you blows up but you don't and you have it for maybe 5-60 seconds
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
-George Carlin

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
-George Carlin

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
-Yogi Berra

Better a broken promise than none at all.
-Mark Twain
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Timmy said no to shield that can take more then one hit saying it was too complex. this sounds like a time based variation of the same thing.
ImageJeffM
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

Looking at the cheater perspective... this would be a great flag to harvest...

Client would have to be modded... adding a server message so if the shot hit the actual tank the tank reports it so the bullet bounces back... just think of the lag... you shoot a shot and turn and move and it dissapears then appears inside of you... and if they didn't put server caps on it you could make any shot bounce off you...........

I have to agree with this Timmy(?)

and FYI, shields can have a counter... but then you could add yourself a couple shots... just like modding wings jump count...