More physics

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
rufuskun
Private
Private

More physics

Post by rufuskun »

Hi Devel-opers! :-D

I love BZflag, yet there's a thing that might be interesting to implement and which I haven't found any Threads about it in the forum.
What about physics for bullets? They interact with walls up till now, but what about making them interact with each other?? Also a nice idea: Interacting tanks. Just don't drive through each other like holographics. Maybe a simple cage around each tank should be nice.

That's what I think could be a nice idea and maybe easy to implement if there's already a call implemented for bullets flying through each other.

Might become a wonderful new way of gameplay, if someone with some free time, boredom and fun at writing code would writes those lines ^^ That's cuz my programming skills just ended up in Java's strange Coding System...

Have fun!
rufus
-----------------
theory, n.:
System of ideas meant to explain something, chosen with a view to
originality, controversialism, incomprehensibility, and how good
it will look in print.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

How many times do bullets actually hit each other in real life?

I can see why tanks going through each other is not correct... I would love if they "bounced" off each other... but bullets... that would be horrible.

You could shoot bullets coming at you... that would turn the Leagues upside down...

Now interacting with thing when your falling would be awesome... like you could fall off a block and then like hit an air stream that picks you up...
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

BinarySpike wrote:How many times do bullets actually hit each other in real life?

I can see why tanks going through each other is not correct... I would love if they "bounced" off each other... but bullets... that would be horrible.

You could shoot bullets coming at you... that would turn the Leagues upside down...

Now interacting with thing when your falling would be awesome... like you could fall off a block and then like hit an air stream that picks you up...
lol The only thing the bullet thing would be is hillarious. :P

I'll go for the tank collision item.

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

The Knights Who Say Ni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Knights Who Say Ni »

BinarySpike wrote:How many times do bullets actually hit each other in real life?
how many tanks do you know of that fire large lumnus ping pong balls that bounce off of objects?

i dont think it would make much diffrence if bullets bounced off each other
Sig Made By AlliedArmour

TGPH
MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

I like the tank collision thing because it gets so annoying sometimes when you're inside the other tank and can't kill them when you shoot!
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
-George Carlin

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
-George Carlin

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
-Yogi Berra

Better a broken promise than none at all.
-Mark Twain
Sky King
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sky King »

The Knights Who Say Ni wrote:how many tanks do you know of that fire large lumnus ping pong balls that bounce off of objects?

Well, therein lies the ultimate paradox of BZ... a constant struggle between realism and fantasy, between gee-whiz features and playability, between complexity and simplicity.

The real genius of the creators is really in this: In an almost unlimited range of choices about tank capabilities, flags, map design... They were able to make decisions, stay focused... they left out a lot of stuff we're sure we want, put in a lot of stuff we're pretty sure we don't want... and yet, they produced a game that makes us all crazy addicts. That is soooo much harder than it sounds. Narrowing down a list of options is almost always harder than creating the list of options.

I can think of about 10 major, totally fundamental changes I would have made in BZ if I were the designer... and if I had, it wouldn't likely be the success it is today.

Man, I gotta go play!!!