Groundhog Bullet Flag (GB or GHB)

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Groundhog Bullet Flag (GB or GHB)

Post by dartman »

I mentioned this one before, but I'll say it again in it's own thread.

This bullet fires underground, travels faster than a normal bullet, and after a server-set time or distance, it shoots out aboveground and explodes as an SW. They would stand out on radar and there is a short delay before the bullet explodes.

This could be used as a counterflag for BU, and it could also be used very well in places such as Two Castles or Boxy Wars, which have many walls that you can fire under.

Thoughts?
Last edited by dartman on Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sky King
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sky King »

My only concern is that in some games, like boxy, this would be kind of a mega-flag. It would be neat to have some sort of artillery-like weapon in some cases... but I think this flag could be a bit much.

I do agree that in most cases, BU is too imbalanced. I think in MOFO that BUs now move at the same speed as normal. They used to have that speed advantage set to move faster, almost as fast as Thief, and it was too much. I do wish there was a better counter for BU than just GM, SW, or trying to run over them.

Some games, like tavern, btw, do not have BUs but if they did anyone could hit them by firing during the downward phase of a jump, because projectiles maintain their vertical speed in tavern. I'd like to see vertical speed maintained in more servers).

But an artillery piece like this would change the game a lot in a game like Boxy... In boxy, if you wanna get in the enemy base and produce some serious casualties, you easily can... but you have to have the guts to get in there and do the wet work your own self. I think the flag would be better suited for games that have BU.
G-MAN
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Location, Location, Location. This house has it all.

Post by G-MAN »

Better yet, It comes from out beneath the earth, breaks up into tiny pieces that spread everywhere, and explode into little SW's
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

^Nah, I think it's fine as is.
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

I think this is too powerful. I agree that something needs to counter burrow, but that could be done by having a flag that lowers your shot down to the floor/bottom of tank. That explosions would be too powerful. And what would happend if the shot tried to surface inside a box?

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

G-MAN wrote:Better yet, It comes from out beneath the earth, breaks up into tiny pieces that spread everywhere, and explode into little SW's
to make it easyer to doge, just make it explode into alot of bulets instead of SW's
G-MAN
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Location, Location, Location. This house has it all.

Post by G-MAN »

That's the point you don't want them to doge. Muhahaha. :D Mini SW's would be cool, it would be a cluster bomb. Just got an idea.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

Three letter flags are literally impossible... I mean it :-P
The client and server only use two letter flag names when passing the names... sending three would break protocal...

The devs aren't gonna put something in that turns into something else...
Hence, a bullet that turns into SW.

Maybe a low riding bullet that stays close to the ground or a tall bullet.