Mouse Position for Observer?

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Mouse Position for Observer?

Post by Theme97 »

It would be quite interesting to see a little black/red/(random color) dot where the mouse is in the mousebox...

Random idea. :D

*doubts this will be added*
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

You mention Observer in the subject, but the post says nothing about obs. There already is the actual mouse, so why you would need something else is beyond me.

Could you explain it a bit more? You've confuzzled me.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

i believe what he means is to show where the actual players mouse is. so instead of seeing your size box with your mouse in it, see their size box with a little red and black thinger to show off where theirs would be on their screen. maybe without the box idea, but i figure itd be appropriate otherwise you wont know what setting they use so the mouse would be pointless

anyways, as for adding it, unlikely since the server doesnt recieve that information from the game, at least not to my knowledge, so it would need to be put inbetween the 2 clients or the server would have to recieve that data... not possible this version if im right due to protocol
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

Ahhh! I get it now. Thanks pyr0.

I'd thought about that before, It would be useful.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Many people use the keyboard, so a mouse indicator would mean nothing for them...
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the raw user input is not sent to the server or to other players, just the tank postions and velocitys after colisions.

so there would be no data to base said mouse position on. And it would be affected by lag even if we did have it.
ImageJeffM