New flags?

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
sloop
Private First Class
Private First Class

New flags?

Post by sloop »

How about a variant of laser flag that once fired shoots like bolts of lightning -random and "forked"

How about a variant of gm that has a kill zone like sw?
Or if too powerful -how about unguided but still with a kill zone radius
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

The first one would be random, bzflag is meant to be calculable... so you have skill not luck.

The second one, Is a Big Shot... I heard and read that it's gonna be developed... I would like that... but I personally think they don't need more flags... they should take PZ, and a couple other flags out.

They should split WG into Gyro (turn in midair) and thrusters (jump in midair)

That's what I think :mrgreen:
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

BinarySpike wrote:They should split WG into Gyro (turn in midair) and thrusters (jump in midair)
Heck no. That would ruin the gameplay on servers like Hide 'n Seek Hills, Mofo, Twin Peaks and others.
Theme97
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Theme97 »

BinarySpike wrote:They should split WG into Gyro (turn in midair) and thrusters (jump in midair)
You can get a variation of this. Set _wingsSlideTime to an insanely high number and _wingsJumpCount to a number bigger than 1. With WG, once you jump, you can still jump more and turn, but you can't move in another direction until you're on the ground.
sloop
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sloop »

I don't think the # of unique flags necessarily detracts from gameplay -too many of certain ones can as well as too little of others

-ok well maybe some more ideas

Whirlwind shot - when hit your tank spirals upward quickly then blows up on impact when it comes back down-maybe some insane keyboard mashing/button clicking to keep one from exploding

Team pulse shot - not necessarily a flag but more of a condition wherein a group of team members are in close proximity for a certain amount of time that will trigger a shockwave like pulse killing non members of the group - guarantee I'm gonna try and stop that group from forming

Bludgeon/push shot - a shot that is non-lethal but would knock you to the other side of the map -or some distance away - imagine the chaos :twisted:
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

Thinking of all teh 40 flags that exist there is no 'gun jam' (ie can't shoot while I have this flag)
Obviously this would screw any server running drop bad flag on kill (only), but it is an obvious flag, any reason why it isn't there?
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

I really like the bludgeon/push shot idea.

Not only good for getting away from enemies on FFA, but RH, if the rabbit has that, or on CTF, pushing your teammate towards your base with one of the team flags, or an enemy away.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

i think the push shot should move the user.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Teppic wrote:Thinking of all teh 40 flags that exist there is no 'gun jam' (ie can't shoot while I have this flag)
Obviously this would screw any server running drop bad flag on kill (only), but it is an obvious flag, any reason why it isn't there?
Seems that this would render your tank pretty much useless (except for time-releases for bad flags). If you can't shoot, and you can't carry team flags... you might as well just self-destruct, I think.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

dartman wrote:
Heck no. That would ruin the gameplay on servers like Hide 'n Seek Hills, Mofo, Twin Peaks and others.
Or they could have Wings and Gyro and Thrusters... and leave it up to the map makers/server owners.
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

Constitution wrote:Seems that this would render your tank pretty much useless
That was the point of including the exception of 'kill to drop bad flag only' servers, on most though it would just present an annoying challenge.
Goodbye2U
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Goodbye2U »

me1 wrote:i think the push shot should move the user.
It can, hypothetically.
Just shoot yourself :wink: :P
I'm thinking I need a better sig than this...
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Teppic wrote:
Constitution wrote:Seems that this would render your tank pretty much useless
That was the point of including the exception of 'kill to drop bad flag only' servers, on most though it would just present an annoying challenge.
That's true. I just don't know if the devs would go for a flag that can be configured to make your tank completely useless. Still, I see your point. Maybe there could also be a flag to make your shots fire a lot slower, or just stand in place.