Survey: Kill-All-Rogues flag request

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!

Who wants a Kill-All-Rogues flag?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 40

sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

rouge geno?

Post by sid6.7 »

NONONONONONONONONONO!!!
Tegan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tegan »

While I agree w/rr about it would make Rogues a team, I disagree about ST. It is insidious, yes, but not completely uncountered: there's seer; bullets still show on radar; ST'ers are still visible in the HUD; sometimes SW/L/etc can be used effectively; and logic -- a few people are really good at and frankly enjoy hunting stealthers... darn them! ;)
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

Most of the reason to play rogue is to avoid the one team downfall: vulnerability to geno. If I end up in a map with a bunch of inexperienced teammates, I usually put up with it and let them gain experience. However, on those occasions where the geno gets to be too much, I have sometimes switched to rogue. I can play either, I usually prefer to work in teams.

The issue seems to be when the rogues use geno to wrack up lots of points, the ability to kill multiples with one hit, as opposed to having to wrack them up individually. That's what I hear coming from this whole string.

If you play teams, you're normally playing a number of other people, 8 to 12. Odds are that the teams are usually mixed, and you have 1 to 3 teammates. You're playing against everyone else, meaning between 7 and 11 people. If you choose rogue, you've only added 1 to 3 more opponents in the map. If it's a problem for you, perhaps you should find a less inhabited map. After all, it's you (whomever) that chose to go rogue and slightly decrease your chances of survival. But if you are a better player as you may proclaim, this should not be an issue.

So, if you want to be invulnerable to a team geno, you shouldn't have the ability to use it, either. If you're on a team, it acts as a team weapon. If you're playing as an individual (rogue) it reverts to an individual weapon. Fair trade. I can live with it when I play rogue.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

by the way, what we really need is a "kill all campers" flag that only becomes available once a camper has earned 15 or more points in one sitting.

I can't imagine the intelligence needed to make that work, depending upon map, region of movement, etc.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
rr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rr »

Can we lock this thread so it doesn't have to come up again every few months? Christ people... let it die.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

thy will is done
ImageJeffM