Apocalypse In Action :: Planet MoFo

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: Apocalypse In Action :: Planet MoFo

Post by optic delusion » Sat May 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Unown: please answer the private message I have sent you.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Death Zones

Post by optic delusion » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:58 am

I Have a new plugin. It allows me to control where you respawn, based on where you die.
You probably noticed my first experiment with it last week. I have now refined the concept.

Here's how it's set up right now, we will see how it works out.
I reserve the right to change it at any time.

Die in box 1, spawn in either box 2 or 3
Die in box 2, spawn in box 3
Die in box 3, spawn in box 2
Die in any other box (or circle), spawn in that same box or circle.
There are two other small boxes you will have to figure out on your own.
Die anywhere that's not covered by these zones, and the old spawn zones apply. Have you ever noticed you never spawn within 20 units of the outer fence?
Spawns in box 1 should be rare.

I still have the other plugin "spawnFacing" and it's set so that you always spawn aimed directly at the other team's flag. This should make life very hard for those carrying geno. You should always fire a shot the moment you spawn.
Deathzones copy.png
(249.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.

iObserve
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Death Zones

Post by iObserve » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:30 pm

optic delusion wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:58 am
I Have a new plugin. It allows me to control where you respawn, based on where you die.
You probably noticed my first experiment with it last week. I have now refined the concept.

Here's how it's set up right now, we will see how it works out.
I reserve the right to change it at any time.

Die in box 1, spawn in either box 2 or 3
Die in box 2, spawn in box 3
Die in box 3, spawn in box 2
Die in any other box (or circle), spawn in that same box or circle.
There are two other small boxes you will have to figure out on your own.
Die anywhere that's not covered by these zones, and the old spawn zones apply. Have you ever noticed you never spawn within 20 units of the outer fence?
Spawns in box 1 should be rare.

I still have the other plugin "spawnFacing" and it's set so that you always spawn aimed directly at the other team's flag. This should make life very hard for those carrying geno. You should always fire a shot the moment you spawn.

Deathzones copy.png
You are a legend.
Merp

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 am

I don't know how I got promoted to the rank of "Special Forces", I always thought it was more like "He sure is [special] alright".
but I hereby nominate iObserve to be promoted to the rank of "Captain Obvious"

Right now I'm thinking two things.

Die in Box 6, spawns in Box 8, and vice-versa.... Die in Box 7, spawns in Box 9, and vice-versa
then
Die in Box 1, spawns in box 4 or 5.

iObserve
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by iObserve » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:51 am

optic delusion wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 am
but I hereby nominate iObserve to be promoted to the rank of "Captain Obvious"
Please! @Blast
Merp

jhs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jhs » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:40 am

Sorry, OD, I'm not a huge fan of the new zones. I'm sure they're intended to make the gameplay more competitive and interesting, but so far, I've found them to increase long runs of spawn killing which in turn leads to players bailing. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but for me it takes a good bit of fun out of the map - after playing this past week or so with these new settings, I've found myself heading to other maps and being increasingly less interested in Apoc. I certainly don't mean to be a downer, OD, just expressing my thoughts as someone who's been playing BZ for 20 years, enjoys the game + your maps, and hopes to continue that experience; take or leave it as you will.

Cheers.

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:29 am

Some changes...
6 goes to 8
8 goes to 6
7 goes to 9
9 goes to 7

This should make the GM camping extremely difficult, because last week your kills would respawn right in front of you.
Now they spawn behind you.