Admining

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Admining

Post by Albino Blacksheep »

I was just wondering how you become an admin, because if i got the chance, i would like to try it out. If anyone can help me, please step forward.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

one doesn't just become an admin. Server administrators/moderators are chosen by the server owner/operator.
JeffM2501 wrote:and as a general rule of thumb, if you need to ask to be an admin, you shouldn't be one.
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

Yeah, you don't ask to become an admin. You get invited

I'd recommend that you learn how to be an admin by starting your own server. Once people see you asking _intelligent_ questions, and taking an interest (and being a decent guy on the public servers, of course) you may get an invite. There is no short road.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

The last thing this place needs is more servers.

Administrating/Policing a place is more nuisance than fun most of the time. Make friends, play at places often, don't hesitate to talk to people. Earn their trust. Worked for me. I hung around a place, people noticed, talked, and bam. I have more trust placed in me than I probably deserve. Oh well.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Set up your own private server and learn how it's done. You're right, we do have more than enough public servers.