Silvercat is Retired

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
User avatar
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:29 pm

Post by sniper1234 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:36 am

Thank you for creating the server, it was the server that made me better, it is a shame that it is being put down. But thank you admins and cops for keeping the server alive for the time!

User avatar
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 3249
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Post by ducatiwannabe » Wed May 16, 2007 1:44 pm

Ouch... that stinks. I would like to get a hold of the server setup and map with current settings, if that's somehow possible. Thank you, silverfox, for all the work, money, time, and effort you put in to this. This is one of the few servers I've had fun with since the Secretplace days. Other admins, has been fun working with you, and thanks for doing your jobs so well. You guys are a major part of what made silvercat enjoyable to play at.

User avatar
sherman
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:22 pm
Contact:

Post by sherman » Mon May 21, 2007 9:01 pm

ducatiwannabe wrote:Ouch... that stinks. I would like to get a hold of the server setup and map with current settings, if that's somehow possible. Thank you, silverfox, for all the work, money, time, and effort you put in to this. This is one of the few servers I've had fun with since the Secretplace days. Other admins, has been fun working with you, and thanks for doing your jobs so well. You guys are a major part of what made silvercat enjoyable to play at.
I'd also like to contribute towards making another silvercat. Silverfox, thank you for having this great server as long as you did it was a great refuge from the 20 shot gigantic map servers with four players that seem to dominate the server listings.

Big thanks to all the admins.
nobody

User avatar
kliksf
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 12:22 pm

Post by kliksf » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:23 am

I've had some fun on other servers over the last few weeks but every single day I miss silvercat more and more. I miss the maps but more than that I miss the players and the good vibes I got from everybody. What's needed to get a server going? I've never even thought about that. From what I gather it's a lot of work, work I took for granted when others were doing it. Thanks for all that work Silverfox.

User avatar
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:31 am
Contact:

Post by CannonBallGuy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:54 pm

kliksf wrote:I've had some fun on other servers over the last few weeks but every single day I miss silvercat more and more. I miss the maps but more than that I miss the players and the good vibes I got from everybody. What's needed to get a server going? I've never even thought about that. From what I gather it's a lot of work, work I took for granted when others were doing it. Thanks for all that work Silverfox.
I launched ShadowCat very soon after SilverCat retired... We are doing our best to recreate the same atmosphere, on the same maps with the same settings.
Image

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007

User avatar
SilverFox
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:51 pm
Contact:

Poke

Post by SilverFox » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:00 pm

CannonBallGuy wrote: Sure, because there are never any mofo servers high on the server list...
It's a moot point anyway - you'll soon see.
CannonBallGuy wrote: I launched ShadowCat very soon after SilverCat retired... We are doing our best to recreate the same atmosphere, on the same maps with the same settings.
How's that going?

User avatar
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:59 pm
Location: Planet MoFo, Sheffield Division; United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Poke

Post by Spazzy McGee » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:47 pm

SilverFox wrote:How's that going?
It's dead. It ran well for about 6 months, then CBG decided to move on from BZFlag.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

User avatar
macsforme
General
General
Posts: 2024
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:43 am

Post by macsforme » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:19 am

Divibox now hosts a Silvercat-style rotation @ divi.fairserve.net:5154

Clove Hitch
Private
Private
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Silvercat is Retired

Post by Clove Hitch » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:15 am

I've just comeback after a 3-4 year hiatus, and I'm sad that Overlord is gone. Babel too...I used to get slaughtered under the name glibego...goodbye to Natural Red Killer... Veteran of the Psychic Wars...

User avatar
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1210
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Silvercat is Retired

Post by Bambino » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:12 am

I'll have Silvercat up as soon as jomojo sends me the files to bring it back to it's old self. Shouldn't take to long. Look for it at the end of the week.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague

User avatar
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1073
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 10:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Silvercat is Retired

Post by Hannibal » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:24 am

Bambino wrote:I'll have Silvercat up as soon as jomojo sends me the files to bring it back to it's old self. Shouldn't take to long. Look for it at the end of the week.
Awesome to hear. It'll be interesting to see who/how many people come back/still play.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage

jomojo
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:10 am
Location: Dallas, TX and missing Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: Silvercat is Retired

Post by jomojo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:05 am

We're back up @ silvercat.bz - come check us out! Dedicated server, dedicated to serve the players!

Post Reply