Purple Pwnage Info

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Purple Pwnage Info

Post by BinarySpike »

Hello, After a few people on my server complained, An admin asked me to post about my new server.

I have, for the last three days, been hosting on and off a new server called "Purple Pwnage". Now some of you might remember this back when I was more active. It was just an experiment back then, but I got such good feedback I decided recently to revive it with a new map.

There are three points I'm gonna explain.

What is Purple Pwnage?
Purple Pwnage is a server that has 3-5 bots on it on purple team. And the map is tailored specifically for the other team. So Purple would have an extreme disadvantage.

I used to host a private server with bots and get friends on and we would make huge scores. Of course every once in a while I'd make it public and let anybody join. So one day I decided to try an official server dedicated to pwning.

How does Purple Pwnage work?
I have modded the server so that identified bots (default bots) join purple team. We currently have problems with people automatically being joined to purple. We need a plugin that joins all bots to purple, and all players that want purple to purple, and the rest to the only other open team. But I'm not a plugin'er :turtle:

The maps are decided by placing bad flags in and around the "bad team" base. And good flags around the "Good team base"

The old map is lost at the moment. But I am running a new and exciting map I named "CrossRoads", like all my public servers I've hosted... I maxed out the teams and had several people complaining because they wanted an opening on the good team.

I am currently working on another map, and accepting maps... I am still writing up a good document on the style of maps, but generally maps should be 100 up to 250 in size and provide a disadvantage for purple and advantage for the other team (which is randomly picked when I start the server... between red green and blue... I usually just have my spawn zones work on all three of those colors so I don't have to worry) Also I don't want spawn camping ;)

What is planned for Purple Pwnage
In a couple weeks I'm gonna purchase a month worth of dedicated server. 500GB bandwidth on a 6Gb line. If it works out I will purchase a year contract with the hosting.

I'm also going to get a teamspeak server for the admins/cops.

I hope this clears some things up! until we get some type of plugin that joins automatic people on the good team, or if full, obs, and that joins bots on purple and players that want on purple, then your just gonna have to get pwnaged :tired:

Server admins include
PETER
Donny_Baker
inchworm
Flutterby
spatialguru
*name friends here*

Maps
Purple Pwnage (lost at the moment)
CrossRoads (very popular)
Fountain of Pwnage (still a lot of bugs to work out)

by the way, I'm only hosting CrossRoads until I get at least 5 good maps. or until it becomes unpopular :P

Hope that clears everything up!
-BinarySpike
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

I always wondered what that server was, after reading it in your siggy a couple hundred times, I'll check it out when it's up :D
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One