Harlin's pythonian server

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Cruel dog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Harlin's pythonian server

Post by Cruel dog »

Long time pythonian was down... Thats not the reason I am writing this. Someone (like before) keeps spamming (UNKNOWN) stuff on the server.. Long tome ago it was doing that too... So annoying! goes like this:
(UNKNOWN): 1001
(UNKNOWN): 1002.....
(UNKNOWN): 736213234...
So annoying! Anything can be done to stop that bug thing?
Attachments
bzfi0006.png
(389.65 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Owner@ BZAddict.net
Admin @ bunch of servers
And much more!
"Even if I am named Cruel dog, I still am friendly! I just become Cruel with troublemakers! xD"
tadd
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

spamming before authentication

Post by tadd »

Cruel dog wrote:Long time pythonian was down... Thats not the reason I am writing this. Someone (like before) keeps spamming (UNKNOWN) stuff on the server.. Long tome ago it was doing that too... So annoying! goes like this:
(UNKNOWN): 1001
(UNKNOWN): 1002.....
(UNKNOWN): 736213234...
So annoying! Anything can be done to stop that bug thing?
The player is sending text in a flood before authentication is completed. This is fixed in a not-yet-released version of bzfs. A version I was given dated December cleared up this problem.

This issue has been discussed on the forum. Look for "Server Update for <unknown> type spam message" in the Help: Server Setup and Administration forum. The version I was given was one of many called 2.09.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 800 character limit
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

I am pretty sure what is happening is that the player is sending these messages before the server reads his/her token that prevents him/her from joining. I think it was mentioned that this bug fix is going to be fixed in the next stable release of BZFlag.
Correct me if I am wrong.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

It's a spam robot... mentioned somewhere or another around here in a previous topic. I think there is a fix or a plugin for it somewhere... but too tired to think of it.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Update the server to 2.0.9 from SVN. This exploit has been fixed in the latest code for 2.0.x. You can get the v2_0branch code by following the directions on the wiki. There is also a Torblock plugin that would prevent Tor users from fully joining, if they elevate their attacks after the upgrade.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Cruel dog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Cruel dog »

yeah, but that aint my server, its Harlin's server :D
Owner@ BZAddict.net
Admin @ bunch of servers
And much more!
"Even if I am named Cruel dog, I still am friendly! I just become Cruel with troublemakers! xD"
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Then don't bother yourself about it! ;) If you'd like it to go away send him a PM about it or just leave the problem to him.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Cruel dog wrote:yeah, but that aint my server, its Harlin's server :D
That was evident from the subject of the thread.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)