Unfairly banned from viper

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Locked
Massive Head Wound Harry
Private
Private
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 2:27 am

Unfairly banned from viper

Post by Massive Head Wound Harry » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:59 pm

So D3ATH_SMUR4 intentionally tks me because I took "his" flag before he grabbed it. I complain to the only admin on at the time - aero and nothing gets done. So I return the favor and shoot D3ATH_SMUR4 and I get banned.

WTF?

Can another viper admin unban me ?

User avatar
joevano
General
General
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:08 pm
Location: South Bend, Indiana, USA

Post by joevano » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:22 pm

PM the person who banned you, or the server admin. This is not the place for it. Generally admins stick together, so another one probably will not unban you with out talking to the one who banned you. If the first thought the offense was bad enough to ban for, another admin will not second guess them.

User avatar
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:44 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Post by Peter » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:48 pm

aero is currently in bzadmin mode, which means he is not actually there. If someone is in bzadmin they will have "bzadmin" next to there name.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour

User avatar
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:31 am
Contact:

Post by CannonBallGuy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:15 pm

There is no such thing as "bzadmin mode".
BZAdmin is a program - a non-graphical client, to put it simply.
Someone with bzadmin as their "email", assuming they didn't just type it in on a BZFlag client, shows they are using the text-based administration tool "BZAdmin".
It has nothing to do with whether or not they are actually present at any specific time.
Image

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4744
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Post by blast » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:44 pm

Massive Head Wound Harry
It would be nice if you had read the first thread at the top of the Server: General Discussion forum....
***IF YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM A SERVER READ THIS FIRST****
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

User avatar
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:06 am
Location: Right Behind you!
Contact:

Post by ducktape » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:31 pm

CannonBallGuy wrote:There is no such thing as "bzadmin mode".
BZAdmin is a program - a non-graphical client, to put it simply.
Someone with bzadmin as their "email", assuming they didn't just type it in on a BZFlag client, shows they are using the text-based administration tool "BZAdmin".
It has nothing to do with whether or not they are actually present at any specific time.
you can get to this on windows by: Start, BZFlag, BZAdmin then u have to type the server and port in.
Image

User avatar
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:31 am
Contact:

Post by CannonBallGuy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:21 pm

ducktape wrote:
CannonBallGuy wrote:There is no such thing as "bzadmin mode".
BZAdmin is a program - a non-graphical client, to put it simply.
Someone with bzadmin as their "email", assuming they didn't just type it in on a BZFlag client, shows they are using the text-based administration tool "BZAdmin".
It has nothing to do with whether or not they are actually present at any specific time.
you can get to this on windows by: Start, BZFlag, BZAdmin then u have to type the server and port in.
I wasn't aware someone had asked for instructions on how to run BZAdmin, but whatever.
Image

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007

User avatar
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:06 am
Location: Right Behind you!
Contact:

Post by ducktape » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:38 pm

CannonBallGuy wrote:
ducktape wrote:
CannonBallGuy wrote:There is no such thing as "bzadmin mode".
BZAdmin is a program - a non-graphical client, to put it simply.
Someone with bzadmin as their "email", assuming they didn't just type it in on a BZFlag client, shows they are using the text-based administration tool "BZAdmin".
It has nothing to do with whether or not they are actually present at any specific time.
you can get to this on windows by: Start, BZFlag, BZAdmin then u have to type the server and port in.
I wasn't aware someone had asked for instructions on how to run BZAdmin, but whatever.
saves his keyboard from a 50 character question by PETER
Image

User avatar
Manu
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Trujillo, Cáceres. Spain

Re: Unfairly banned from viper

Post by Manu » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:51 pm

Unfairly is from your point of view. This place is not to talk about kicks/bans/complains you can send a private message to 'aero' or another viper cop/admin. Your ban is 30 days and probably your mouth has something to do with it.

User avatar
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:29 pm

Post by sniper1234 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:58 pm

How are you unfairly banned, you team killed some1 on purpose (even though he team killed you gives you no right to team kill him)? You don't know he might have got banned too. If you get frustrated at him team killing you switch teams, change servers, or play later!

User avatar
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything
Posts: 724
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:15 am
Location: Los Angeles

Post by L4m3r » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:04 am

This issue has been resolved and should not have been posted here in the first place.

Closed.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.

Locked