Planet MoFo Proudly Presents: CTF Fridays!

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Planet MoFo Proudly Presents: CTF Fridays!

Post by Tropican8 »

Dear Friends,

We at Planet MoFo learned long ago that variety is the spice of life. This is why we work year-round to try to keep things as interesting as possible.

In celebration of the Summer Solstice, we will be running our flagship map in CTF mode every Friday through the summer. You can expect the usual, fast-paced, action-packed, monkey-in-the-tire gameplay you all have come to enjoy, only with an added objective.

In order to prevent riots in the streets, we have provided all of the luxuries found on any professional-grade CTF server. Hopefully they will prove adequate.

We have also added a billboard on the north side of the map. If you're not busy capturing the other team's flag or fragging, feel free to gaze at it and read the wonderful advertisements.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, they are welcome in either this thread or through any of the other mediums in which you can contact us.

Have Fun All,
The Planet MoFo Team

(We are not responsible for any enjoyment you may experience as a result of this weekly seasonal celebration. By reading this you are aware to the possible damages that our server may cause to the reasoning center of your brain, resulting in the possible elimination of inhibitions. Don't worry, they're overrated.)
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Planet MoFo Proudly Presents: CTF Fridays!

Post by Albino Blacksheep »

Tropican8 wrote: We have also added a billboard on the north side of the map. If you're not busy capturing the other team's flag or fragging, feel free to gaze at it and read the wonderful advertisements.
Oh yea, theres gonna be alot of time to read the billboards, if this sever is like Mofo Passion of the FFA :)
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Good to see CTF coming back around again. I know I enjoyed that a lot with some others multiple times.

*Wonders if he really wants to see what could be on the billboard* 8)
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

This week we made 3 changes:
1. Put a shot limit on genocide, really needed that, it was a mistake NOT to have it last week.
2. Limited the shot-length of thief. Can't steal flags from all the way across the map.
3 Dropped reload from 6 to 4 shots. Hopefully this means less teamkills.

Next week, we're thinking of going with our Four-Team setup with a base in each corner.
We invite comments. We want to know your opinion.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
charg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by charg »

I think the Four-Team CTF is a great idea :D That way there will also be much more less Tking, and it will make the server more fun
Make sure you get my new Map Editor!: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=115526#115526
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Love the new changes! Hope to see this CTF Friday thing continue to get better. May I suggest that when the 4-way CTF is added, to also make the map larger? Not scalewise, just more field area.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

We made the change yesterday evening to Four Team CTF - and its been a wild success. Lots of good fun, fast paced action, high octane powered, and n00b pwn1ng g00dn355.

4 Team CTF, now on Planet MoFo!!!
...This has been a recording.
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

Sweeet.