Hacking

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
zaddo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hacking

Post by zaddo »

I was hosting a game a few nights ago and one of the players was cheating (was able to manouver in the air, without wings, able to jump while still the air, bullets following verticle motion of tank), so I banned them.

Soon after, people were randomly getting kicked, the system went slow, there was a clicking sound on my PC.

Are there any vulnerabilities in Bzflag that allow nasty people to disrupt the game service?

Technical Details: I am sitting behind a Linksys router with only the game port IP forwarded, I am running Win2000 SP4, BZFlag ver. 2.0.8.

Thx.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It's more likely that it was nothing related to BZFlag itself. They probably launched some form of attack against the server. It could have been an attack directed at the physical server itself, or it could have been directed at bzfs specifically.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)