Error connecting to Mofo

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Drop Bear
Private
Private

Error connecting to Mofo

Post by Drop Bear »

I haven't been able to connect to Mofo (bzflag.planet-mofo.com:4200) for the last few days. I can connect to other servers without problems. The message is "Error connecting to server."

I'm disappointed to miss the 4-team catch the flag on the server.

Using 2.0.10 on Windows.

Any suggestions on what to do next?

Thanks

Drop
Code Red
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Code Red »

Did you try talking to the Mofo Admin?
Base:
CODE RED CODE RED! ENEMY TANK SPOTTED!

Me: Don't worry! I have them locked on with my GM! And my SW will finish them off!
Drop Bear
Private
Private

Post by Drop Bear »

Thanks for the reply. How do I contact the admin? I can't find any details in BZFlag itself or in the stats.

Cheers

Drop
Code Red
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Code Red »

The admin for MOFO I believe is Optic Delusional. And I forgot his email address. Ill look for it when I have the chance. Or just sign on to

irc.freenode.net and go to channel ##planetmofo
Base:
CODE RED CODE RED! ENEMY TANK SPOTTED!

Me: Don't worry! I have them locked on with my GM! And my SW will finish them off!
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

whitelist.

Post by optic delusion »

Looks like you got caught in a ban that is intended to remove an A__Hat. Fortunately, if we know about the name you use, we can enable a passthrough for you.You must use your registered name.
If you hear of someone else having this problem, send a private message to me, Darth Vader or Temporal Distraction.

Drop Bear, use your registered name and pass and you won't have any problems now. If you do have further problems, let me know.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
NSN
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by NSN »

I'm having the same problem, I'm getting the message "Error connecting to server" when I try to connect to "Planet MoFo" and "Fox Burrow" servers.
I can't connect with any name (registered or not).

One more detail: I can't to access to www.planet-mofo.com in my web browser (IE6).

Thanks in advance for your help.
NSN
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by NSN »

More details:

I'm connecting from Spain, on Windows XP SP3, BZFlag 2.0.10 version.

This happen on all "bzflag.planet-mofo.com" and "bzflag2.norang.ca" servers/maps (not on bzflag3.norang.ca).

I can't to access to www.planet-mofo.com in my web browser, I get the message "This page cannot be displayed".
I have two computers sharing internet access (ADSL 4Mb/512Kb) and same problem on both.

There is another thread about this problem: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=13357

Thanks.
Thumper
Private First Class
Private First Class

Firewall block removed

Post by Thumper »

You were probably caught by a firewall block rule. Does it work better now?

-Thumper
NSN
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Firewall block removed

Post by NSN »

Thumper wrote:You were probably caught by a firewall block rule. Does it work better now?

-Thumper
All is working fine now, I don't know how.

Thanks.
Thumper
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Thumper »

I removed the firewall blocking rules that were preventing you from reaching the server.

Cheers,
Thumper