Addressing issues at Planet MoFo (everyone, please read)

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Addressing issues at Planet MoFo (everyone, please read)

Post by I_Died_Once »

Hi, I want to first thank everyone for the time they are taking to read my statement here...

This has been on my mind since the "language on BZFlag" thread that got locked, as well as a couple of other threads that have been deleted, and I want to address some misconceptions and impressions some people have about Planet MoFo, our policies, and how we operate our server.

While it is true, we do allow adult language, its OK to come on and use "four letter words" as we have no interest in controlling what you say and think.

What is *not* true is we do *not* allow several other forms of chat abuse. This is including, but not limited to harassment, SCROLLING SCROLLING SCROLLING SCROLLING, spamming, advertisements for other servers. We do not and would NEVER allow somoene to come on and talk about being a pedophile, four letter words or not.

Our server(s) are heavily patrolled, our logs are read over, and we have more hidden admins than anyone will ever know about. Our policy on cheating is (dare I say) the harshest one on the list server. Just because we allow people the flexibility to cuss does not mean there are no rules, it does not mean that you can get away with cheating, and it certainly does not mean that we do not care.

But I've seen several comments here and there where people have the wrong idea about Planet MoFo, and I wanted to clear that up. Sure, you can come say **** on the server. But you can not say "I'm going to go **** a child"- We monitor and patrol our server better and more stringently than at least %95 of the other "IF YOU CUSS I'LL FRICKEN *BAN* YOU!!!" servers.

If anyone has any questions on this, please post and I (or another member of the MoFo staff) will gladly answer them.

Again, thank you for you time, and Thanks for playin!
...This has been a recording.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Addressing issues at Planet MoFo (everyone, please read)

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Building on what I Died Once has said - It's interesting reading between the lines of many posts that reference MoFo recently. There's a great deal of misconception regarding what I see as one of the best servers on the list. There seems to be a false mindset that MoFo is a place for n00bs and vagrants - the public toilet of servers, if you will. I can't stress how untrue his conception is. I myself find the MoFo community a relaxed, fun atmosphere. Hell, we police the main servers better than most, and we run half of the rest on list server.

In my opinion, one of the marks of a good server is having an admin team that is pretty transparent and that meshes well with the server. And that's definitely what Planet MoFo's got, and it's a team i'm proud to be a part of.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

As am I. Many of, what I consider to be, the better players on the public servers frequent Planet MoFo. The competition is quite fierce, but friendly. There is almost always an admin on, whether you know it or not.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

i would like to agree with all the above comments. i have only recently started to go on mofo and i find the community to be very relaxed. sure you get the odd swear and cuss but that is cause people arent afraid to say what theyre thinking, whereas on other servers you can barely get one swearword onto the screen before someone kicks you or a poll is started against you. this relaxed social atmosphere, does not however, mean you can come onto the server and begin shooting lasers that lock on all over the map..
it is not a cheat server. and as i consider myself to be one of the longer playing players..( ive been around since 2004) i have seen my fair share of cheats and making them more subtle DOES NOt makie them any less ban worthy. and if you wanna talk about _________ children and whatnot then you can just leave because no one else wants to know.
another thing if you use private chat to only one person hat is just as bad, there are so many hidden cops out their (they are just normal registered players) who will rreport you.