Weekly user-submitted mapchange server

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Think_Different
Private First Class
Private First Class

Weekly user-submitted mapchange server

Post by Think_Different »

I've been thinking about a server where anyone could submit a map and have it put up on a decent server for a week. As of now, I am not aware if such a server exists.

I know that there are many talented map-makers for bzflag, but not all of them have a chance to get their maps hosted. Basically, you'd have to email or forum PM your map and configuration file to me, then I'll make a list of who is going for which week. The server will change maps after 7 days (probably Sunday or Monday).

The server is located on the East Coast of the US, in a datacenter which I believe is in Pennsylvania. The server itself has two processors and 4GB of RAM, so it should handle a bzflag server with ease. I plan to make the server at least 32 slots, more if needed.

If the map for a particular week is a great success, I may create a server that runs the most popular maps on a daily mapchange.

If you need to speak with me, I usually am in the #bzflag channel on freenode as Think_Differentl.

***As of now, this is only an idea. I do have the resources currently, I just haven't decided how to set things up.***