Need hoster, please help.

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

Need hoster, please help.

Post by Mudsquisher »

Im looking for a hoster. I have like 3 maps that i would like up, i just need a hoster thats willing and ok to put up about 5-10 maps. :) And if you could just give me the /set permission i will be happy. Well if you will host my maps, please notify me. Thanks

P.S. No, mrapplecomputer1 is no longer hosting my maps.
Last edited by Mudsquisher on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joevano
General
General

Re: HOSTER'S, READ THIS

Post by joevano »

That gives me lots of confidence in you... :roll:
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

You cannot make demands like 'I want all permissions'. A hoster is most likely paying a great deal for a dedicated server with lots of bandwidth, so you will need to accept their terms.

If you're simply a map maker looking to get your map played, why do you need permissions? If you're looking to do a more administration-based thing, perhaps over several different servers, maybe you should talk to a hoster about donating towards their monthly bandwidth payments? That would then give you some legs to stand on.

Of course, I'm sure you'll find a hoster somewhere that will give you full permissions... just perhaps don't bank on the quality of their service... :)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mudsquisher »

Ok, I need to clear up some things......
First- i mainly am just wanting a hoster who will do most of those things.
Second- i just want the permisions that i should have to run my map.
Third- I am a map maker trying to make good maps and getting lots of people on my maps.....thats why i need those permissions, to run and make my maps better.
Fourth- i do understand that you may not give me all the things that i said, but if u pm me, we can work something out.
Just please, someone, host my maps!
thanks
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

First - Understandable
Second - You don't need many perms for a map. VIEWREPORTS, SETVAR and a few others are basic ones I feel a mapper should have.
Third - You don't need any permissions to get people on your map, or even to make one...
Fourth - Up to who ever.

Just please, PM mrapple, he's already hosting one of your maps.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

If you agree to let someone run your map, you have to agree to their terms. You are by no means entitled to any permissions whatsoever; that is completely up to the server op. Conditions like "You can only use my maps if you make me admin" generally don't fly either, since server ops usually won't even bother with such nonsense.

Frankly, Mudsquisher, your attitude is not really appropriate for someone who is asking a favor of others. Please try to be more polite, especially when asking for something.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

And sometimes people will give you permissions anyway. :-P But it's nice of you to offer your map...