Please help me out

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
chintu
Private
Private

Please help me out

Post by chintu »

hi all....
me new to this game...
actually its regarding connecting with public servers[like 02.bztank.net:5155].. i am getting error mssg.."error in connecting to server..."
how to remove that....

its wrks perfect on internal lan of my college.
me using Vista
nd Bzflag 2.0.14

please help me out....... :roll:
Pluk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Please help me out

Post by Pluk »

Hi and welcome to the game. I just checked and the map you are referring to is working fine, so there must be something on your end.

For starters you should be able to ping the server. Open a command (DOS) box and type ping 02.bztank.net. Does that work ? If not, then you have a network problem in Vista that you need to sort out first (but I guess you already know you have a problem if this would be the case :wink:). If that does work, the next thing to take a look at is your filrewall, which may block traffic to that server.

Hope this helps,
Pluk
chintu
Private
Private

Post by chintu »

thanx....
firewall of my university coming btw me and public server... lol
i think will not be able 2 fix it... so happy with internal lan :)

one more thing...
how to change map..????
i have .bzw file..
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

If by changing you mean editing or modifying it you can open it using Notepad. Or, if the map files contains only basic objects like bases, boxes and pyramids, then you can open it using BzEdit.

You can try talking to your network administrator and see if they will change their firewall blocking to allow bzflag.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
chintu
Private
Private

Post by chintu »

thanks bambino... :)

also i want to know how to use diff maps.. in bzflag.... m bored with existing(default) map... :(
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You have to tell bzfs to use a map file. There's dozens of threads on the forum here about that.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)