BZFlag 1.x servers

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Rocking_cat
Private
Private

BZFlag 1.x servers

Post by Rocking_cat »

Hi all!
Are there any servers alive for BZFlag 1.x? Are there any old-school guys who still play 1.x branch of the game?
I just want to play an old version despite its deficiencies, I believe it must be cool :P
blast
General
General

Re: BZFlag 1.x servers

Post by blast »

1.x does not refer to a specific branch. 1.10 and 1.7 versions are not compatible with each other. As for 1.10, I do not think there are any servers running. And for 1.7, I'm not even sure if that list server is running anymore. (which means even if someone was running a 1.7 server, you wouldn't be able to tell since the server list wouldn't work)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

strayer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: BZFlag 1.x servers

Post by strayer »

blast wrote:And for 1.7, I'm not even sure if that list server is running anymore. (which means even if someone was running a 1.7 server, you wouldn't be able to tell since the server list wouldn't work)
blast is right - 1.7 is a dead version. The 1.7 list server went offline quite a few years ago and the last "official 1.7 server" (hosted by Tim Riker) was shut down in the beginning of 2010. There might be unknown private 1.7 servers but since not all 1.7-versions are compatible, you will have serious problems finding a server or other players for a match.
A pessimist is an optimist with experience... ;o)