Calling all server owners!

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
SportChick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Calling all server owners!

Post by SportChick »

We would like to revamp this little section of the board and make it a bit more user friendly. Many of you have provided info on your servers in the past, but much of what is out there needs to be updated.

So, if you have a server that is currently active, please post a NEW MESSAGE in this section. The format follows. If you have a server that is listed on the Server List that is no longer active (or if you know of one), please let me know and I'll remove it from the list.

Here's the format to use for your post:

Post a new topic under Servers:General Discussion with the following information/format. Also please message me so I can add you to the server list:

[POST SUBJECT]: <public server name> <port number><server location>

[IN THE BODY OF THE POST]:

SERVER ADMINS ::
<admin list>
<admin email address?>

SERVER SETUP ::
<setup parameters>
# flags
# shots
# players / team, etc, etc

SERVER POLICIES ::
<policy list>

[/END BODY OF POST]
Last edited by SportChick on Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Post by [dmp] »

Just a suggestion regarding the server-setup. Why not use a script to fetch that - or just link to sbo which displays it?

SERVER SETUP:
http://stats.bzflag.org/serverinfo.php? ... org%3A5156

That way, this info will always be up to date. I know that some serveradmins changes the setup from time to time (no major changes, just new fields, dis/enabling jumping and stuff like that).
I don't need huge pictures here.
SportChick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SportChick »

[dmp], that is certainly one way of doing it. However, it does not include ALL of the information we have asked people to provide regarding their servers. - SC