Apocalypse In Action :: Planet MoFo

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
lkjhg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Apocalypse In Action :: Planet MoFo

Post by lkjhg »

Interesting idea. I would like to add:
1. Need to make external difference between bots and people like radar and real.
2. For each bot needs to randomly generate a ping (in normal range). It is necessary that it was difficult to shoot in each of them.
noobTastic
Private
Private

Post by noobTastic »

Hello!
Plugin Idea? Make handicap score ranges? Just for conceptualizing.. not necessarily the ranges...

Scores of 300+, your tank/shots move very slow
scores of 51 to 299 tank/ shots move slower
Scores of -25 to 50, normal tank/ shots
Scores of -50, shots travel faster

or

Kill Streak of 25+ your tank/shots move very slow
Kill Streak of 15 to 24 tank/ shots move slower
Kill Streak of 0 to 14 normal tank/ shots
Death Streak of 10 to 0 fast tank/shots
Death Streak of more than 10 super fast tank!

I have no idea how to make a plugin, nor if this is possible.

One thing for certain is that spawn killing is effin rough right now. I get frustrated when it happens to me, and yet, I'll do it when I can :?
Also, it's complained a lot about in game, but I like it. The fancy jump from the base column to top of base for flag capping.... Lotta people hate it, those capable love it.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Hi all,

On thing I've noticed is that some players complain about camping and a few minor things.

So a few ideas might be able to make it nicer.
1. 5 second delay for unfair teams to take effect.
(Srsly it's annoying when someone leaves just before you cap and you get a penalty for an "unfair" flag capture.)
2. Shot limits to certain super flags when teams are srsly uneven.
(Camping is fine, but when it's 2vs5 and 2 players have laser and one has gm on the larger team... it becomes impossible to play and some players rage quit.)
3. Unfair cap alert.
(Like if a player leaves and you're 1 second away from capping it will give an alert and give some time to prevent players from making an unfair capture.)

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
Ajit Pai
Private
Private

Post by Ajit Pai »

It's a cool map. One thing to fix is the ability of jerks to bury team flags inside the support columns. This is a tedious annoyance that drives players away.

Also, the Reverse Geno antidote flag doesn't work. It looks like the countdown has been fixed, though; it blows you up at 0 instead of 1 like it used to.

We do need a solution for jerks quitting to make a cap "unfair." If the teams were fair when the capper gained possession of the flag, the cap should be deemed fair no matter what. This, coupled with a "teams unfair" warning when someone gains possession, seems like the simplest and most feasible approach.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Some fun over the weekend.
Since the introduction of the multiple-shot flags, we've had the problem of sometimes (fairly often) somebody else gets the points for your kill. This is caused by the extra shots (which are actually world weapons) over-writing the shot-ID-numbers of previous shots. The way world weapons are handled by the server was updated, hoping to fix the scoring problem. But the four extra-shot plugins were not updated, and this gave us a problem of teamkills when they should not be possible. We even had observers getting teamkills. This leads me to believe that the server has been trying to give observers points for years, we just didn't know it.
So I back ported bzfs which fixed the teamkills but the scoring problem still exists.

Also, I killed off the reverse geno flag, it was almost always pure luck when you got the kill.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Super Android 13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Super Android 13 »

So, does that mean Reverse-Geno is gone? I really liked that flag, even if it gave me a disadvantage.

But besides that, it was kind of funny watching random people that got killed from those world weapon bullets being killed by observers, teammates, or most of the time: "Destroyed by the server". However, the teammate kill thing was actually a surprise to me, as I only saw it surface recently. Hopefully that is fixed, but with more mb flags, people better be on the lookout. Concerning the unfair flag captures, WHAMMO's anti-F12 auto-ban plugin has helped in the past, banning those who f12 before a capture, and even if it suspects them but doesn't ban them, I've seen admins like disco ban them anyway since they were caught. All these things are here just to make the map more fair for everyone. Hope everyone can adjust to the 1-hour loss of sleep next weekend due to daylight savings. Happy spring, and keep battling!

With deepest regards for everyone,
Buzzy_Beetle.

P.S. = Many fun matches for Leagues United occurred this weekend. Very fun, very competitive, and lots of skills. I look forward to the upcoming matches this next weekend, and congratulate the winners of this previous weekend. Keep it up!
I play lots of games, though this older game is still one of my favorites. Whenever I am not busy with work, you may find me occasionally on the Apocalypse, Urban Jungle, or Quickshot servers.

Formerly Buzzy_Beetle, MORTIS, Android 16

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

genoRatio clarification

Post by optic delusion »

Yeah, the reverse geno flag is gone.

I have been asked to clarify geno-ratios, the "bait" plugin. But I don't want to release the exact ratios, because players will game the system.

# If a player has the number of minimum number of deaths AND their K/D ratio is
# less than or equal to ratio specified, genocide will not take affect.
# <minimum number of deaths>, <kill/death ratio>
10, lowest, redacted
30, higher, redacted
50, high, redacted

This means is.... it's all about kill/death ratio.
until you have ten deaths, you cannot be bait.
after ten deaths, if you have very few kills, you cannot be bait and avoid geno.
after thirty deaths, the ratio gets higher, you can have a few kills and still be bait.
if the newb sticks around long enough for fifty deaths, it's a fairly large ratio.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
WorldOfTanks23
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WorldOfTanks23 »

I still don't see planet-mofo.com and specifically the Apocalypse map in the server list.
WorldOfTanks23
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WorldOfTanks23 »

I can see it in the server list now.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Team-Flag-Genocide

Post by optic delusion »

After six months of talking about it, and thanks to Allejo, we now have a change to Team-Flag-Genocide. It required a server mod that "finalizes" a player's death.

You must be alive to collect genocide kills.

This means:
1. When you fire a geno shot, but you die before that shot hits another player, no geno kills are collected.
2. When two players are both carrying genocide and shoot each other, only one will collect the extra kills.
3. It's a little bit easier to be aggressive against a geno carrier.

There will be some effect of lag here, but we don't think it will be signifigant.

Also, I expect to soon make some tweaks to how team flag captures are handled.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=20150

Ratfink
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratfink »

I was just banned for "F12 abuse" when I was actually trying to balance the teams. 🙊
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

It happens. The F12 detector does occasionally indicate false positives. Admins are not immune, It's even gotten me once. The auto-ban is not very long, but I have removed it.
Only leave while dead, (die before leaving) and you are 100 percent safe.

One thing though... the plugin remembers you, and now you're on it's @#$%-list, I'd be very careful for awhile, and eventually it will take you off it's list.

Ratfink
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratfink »

Thanks for taking care of it. That's pretty funny that the plugin doesn't bother to check if you're an admin before banning.
FuzzyFungal
Private
Private

Post by FuzzyFungal »

Hey! Not sure if this is the right place to post but, I hadn't really played for a few days (may have idly popped in for a minute?), but just tried to connect and got the message "Host banned for: canada (indefinite)".

I do indeed live in Canada. Is that not allowed, or have I missed something?
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Fuzzyfungal....let me look into that for you.
You are caught in a ban of another player.
Will forum pm you.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

CTF Overseer Plugin makes 25!

Post by optic delusion »

The CTF flag capture bounties and the penalties for unfair teamflag capture were one of the original functions of the Apocalypse-In-Action plugin. Those parts of the APOC plugin have now been split off into a new plugin called CTF-Overseer. The new plugin has a configuration file which can be changed and reloaded at any time, no server restart required.

Now ALL capture bounties are announced to ALL players. (not just the penalty points)
The bounty/penalty point levels should be pretty much the same as it was. Uneven teams means higher points, positive or negative.
Verbiage of the messages displayed will be new. Now I can change bounties or messages at any time.

CTF Overser will be released to other server owners, but the APOC plugin remains a MoFo Exclusive. The APOC plugin doesn't do much nowadays, some of it's other original functions were split off awhile back.
MoFo was stuck at 24 plugins for over two years, but now it's twenty-five!

The only real way to test this new plugin is with full teams, so as of now it's untested.
I don't expect any major bugs, but it may be a few days until everything is configured exactly the way I want it.

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Also, there are warnings to those who pick up a teamflag with unfair teams.

Self-Capture of your own flag on the other base is now a variable. Self-Capture is now a thing, but I don't think that will last very long.

The plugin is working, but It will take a few days to perfect it.

Uccio
Private
Private

Post by Uccio »

Hi Kierra
same issue for me ... I don't know why "canada" banned me.
Let me know if you can solve this problem
Thanks a lot, bye
Uccio
kierra wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:08 pm Fuzzyfungal....let me look into that for you.
You are caught in a ban of another player.
Will forum pm you.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

That's not who banned you. That's the name of a player that was banned. Sometimes to keep problem players out, a chunk of an ISP has to be banned. There are ways to whitelist specific registered users or in some cases an old ban can just be removed or modified.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Uccio Taken Care of...

a loaf of bread
Private
Private

Post by a loaf of bread »

Hi optic delusion,
I am also affected by "canada ban" and cannot log on since yesterday.
Can you help?
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

"a loaf of bread" check your private messages.

TAFKAL
Private
Private

Post by TAFKAL »

Hi ya,

I am also affected by canada ban :(
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

OK tafkal, I will look into that for you.

edit: read your forum pm from me :)
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Unown
Private
Private

Post by Unown »

I am also affected by the Canada ban.