Apocalypse In Action :: Planet MoFo

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: New Flag! Point Siphon

Post by tainn »

optic delusion wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:39 amIf either player does not have three wins or three losses at the time of the kill, it just ignores the points, and you each gain or lose the one point as you normally would without the flag.
So a 0-2 killing a 2-0 results in 1-2 and 2-1 instead of 1-0 and 0-1 respectively?
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: Apocalypse In Action :: Planet MoFo

Post by optic delusion »

If either player does not have the three necessary wins (kills) or losses (deaths) to add or remove, nothing happens.
It's a +1 and a -1, the same as a no-flag kill.

At next restart we will lose the triple-point flag. Which I always called TP, toilet paper.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Win Siphon

Post by optic delusion »

CORRECTION:
The name is Win Siphon {WS} ... I've been calling it by the wrong name.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
anorak
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Apocalypse In Action :: Planet MoFo

Post by anorak »

An appeal to remove the 20/20 flag.
Isnʻt this a Capture The Flag server? Itʻs hard to CTF if youʻre stuck with a flag for 20 seconds. A couple of times Iʻve been near the other teamʻs flag and accidentally picked up the 20 flag, and had to run round while looking for the antidote flag (which lately has spawned across the map), while waiting for the timer to expire.
Aggravating at best.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Twenty Twenty

Post by optic delusion »

I want to have one "bad" flag. This is the least offensive thing I could think of. It's only ONE flag. You can still shoot and move normally.
Maybe I should put a bouncy flag instead?