Request For Map Hosting Services

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Request For Map Hosting Services

Post by Snake12534 »

Hi,

I'm requesting for a server host who is willing to host a HiX map for me with a few changes.

The purpose: It's quite selfish of me to ask for my own private host for a map that's already being hosted, but I can list a few beneficial factors. The purpose is to allow me to FM with other league players in a HiX based map.

Why: I consider myself the most active GU league player (when I played), and I'm sure others will agree if you ask them. I'm very passionate about the game; especially league play. I am willing to spend hours and a colossal amount of effort to organize a 2v2+ GU FM, and I have done that many times in the past. BZFlag is starting to get less active and it's much more difficult to find a decent GU FM nowadays. I ensure that there will be at least a couple fun matches on a typical average day. My brother and I have instant access to BZFlag and I have a few friends who I can contact within milliseconds to come online. If this isn't the case, I will put in effort in to hunting and finding GU Players and asking them to FM. Though, this map may not be useful on popular days of the league (which are now rare, unless an event is neared), it should deem be convenient for players needing those few extra players to get a good FM for the day. This is especially common during PST evening times when all the EU are sleeping. I believe that my efforts will increase activity.

Interested?: Thank you so much if you are interested in hosting for me! It really does mean a lot to me! Thank you once again, I cannot be more appreciative. Please send me a PM on these forums or comment below. Here's the .bzw file @ pastebin.com: http://pastebin.com/Ne39GEjz [please add a; advertise RO.ADMIN,GU.LEAGUE (I forgot the line) and a pink and red color only tank, I also forgot how to implement this, sorry!]
and here's a link to the group permissions (if you are willing to include this; I think I am asking for too much on my plate if you do not want to use these group perms): http://pastebin.com/A3zk35Wu

Thanks in advance,
Snake.

EDIT: Here is a clean copy of the map file from the BZFlag Git repository: https://github.com/BZFlag-Dev/bzflag-im ... ps/hix.bzw
retired
macsforme
General
General

Re: Request For Map Hosting Services

Post by macsforme »

Since the following point is not clear upon reading the original post, I feel compelled to point it out. Anyone considering responding to this request should understand clearly that Snake12534 has granted himself (and others of his choosing) full admin access to the bzfs instance if you use the group permission file he provided.

Additionally, the group permission file has several superfluous statements, such as granting the TALK, SPAWN, and ADMINMESSAGESEND permission to certain user groups, when those permissions are given to everyone by default and they're not removed by other statements.
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Constitution wrote:Since the following point is not clear upon reading the original post, I feel compelled to point it out. Anyone considering responding to this request should understand clearly that Snake12534 has granted himself (and others of his choosing) full admin access to the bzfs instance if you use the group permission file he provided.

Additionally, the group permission file has several superfluous statements, such as granting the TALK, SPAWN, and ADMINMESSAGESEND permission to certain user groups, when those permissions are given to everyone by default and they're not removed by other statements.

Like I have previously stated, if anyone is interested, there is aboslutely no obligation whatsoever to use my group perms. I decided that I should include them because these were perms I used when I used to host a map.

The post mentioned an, "advertise RO.ADMIN,GU.LEAGUE" block so modifying perms for other groups aren't significant. These were my old perms I've used. This map will be accessible to GU Players only and RO affiliated memebers to prevent interrupted fun matches.

Thanks for pointing these flaws out, Constitution.
Snake.
retired
zel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by zel »

message me, I've got a small box running for some other services and I previously had a bzfs mirror running there. I'd be happy to put your map up.