bzflag.allejo.io servers

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Re: bzflag.allejo.io servers

Post by allejo »

Been a while since I've posted any server updates. I've been busy with other bz-related projects and improvements to existing infrastructure.

Scheduled downtime on May 24th at 7pm PDT - May 25th 1am PDT. The following BZFlag servers will be affected:
  • bzflag.allejo.io
  • allejo.leaguesunited.org
  • allejo.public.leaguesunited.org
  • roconut.projects.allejo.io
  • planet-mofo.com
  • 1purplepanzer.mooo.com
No BZFlag services will be affected.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Maintenance happened earlier than anticipated, so thank you for your patience and sorry for the individuals I had to boot off my league servers! Everything should be back up and running. Let me know if I missed or broke anything!
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Urban Jungle is currently down, I will investigate as soon as I can.

Also, more scheduled maintenance possibly on June 29th. More details to follow.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Urban Jungle has been restored. Sorry about that! Not sure why that happened
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Welp, looks like my ISP will be migrating some networking stuff in the data center where my server is hosted. The time frame I was given was June 29th from 9am to 9pm EST... Point is: at some point on the 29th, my server will lose its internet connection temporarily. Whether or not my services will auto-restart after the migration is yet to be seen.

Since I'm not 100% of the effect of this migration, here's what I'm going to do:
  • All of my allejo.leaguesunited.org servers will be down during this time period. Until the migration is complete, I'll leave my league servers down to prevent any matches from being interrupted by a migration that's out of my hands.
  • All other servers and services I run will remain running on their own, for as long as they have a connection. At any point in time, they may go down, so play at your own risk!
Sorry but looks like the 29th is going to leave a lot up to chance! I'll do my best to minimize downtime but since so much is out of my hands, I can't make any guarantees.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Greetings everyone! As you can see, it's been almost a year since my last update here. That's because my servers have been running mostly on autopilot as I have been working on a number of other things.

I have some updates to my Jumping Skills servers. These servers are automatically generated every 8 hours and it's a project originally created by sigonasr2. This the first update to these servers in years: updated checkpoints!
  • If you are playing as a registered user on these servers, your checkpoints will be saved for 5 minutes after you leave. This means you can now rejoin the server and spawn back where you last left off! Gone are the days of getting kicked or disconnected and losing your spot on the server.
  • Introducing the /checkpoints (or /cp, a shortcut) command! There are three things you can do with this command.
    • List the checkpoints you've visited with /checkpoints list.
    • Save an exact location and rotation within a checkpoint with /checkpoints save.
    • ...and go back to previous checkpoints that you've visited with /checkpoints swap "<checkpoint name>". If you want to go back a few checkpoints to help a friend out or redo a portion of the map, now you can! Don't worry, you can swap back to your latest checkpoint too. You'll be able to swap to any checkpoint you have already visited.
  • Playing on a server with Moroni and he's captured the flag repeatedly already? Well, now you won't lose your checkpoint saves after he's capped. You'll be able to continue climbing :)
My servers aren't going anywhere and more improvements will come. Enjoy this update and thank you for tanking on my servers!
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Today from approximately 2pm to 2:30pm Pacific time, I had to perform unscheduled maintenance on my server.

One of my hard drives on the server entered into read-only mode and virtually crippled my server. I was unable to take down BZFlag servers gracefully so that is why they remained on the server list but you would not be able to connect to them.

All my servers and services have returned to normal.

Sorry about the inconvenience! Thank you for tanking on my servers!
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Today from approximately 7:35pm to 7:50pm Pacific time, my ISP was facing networking problems and caused my servers to become unreachable.

All my servers and services have returned to normal as of writing this post.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

If you're ever having trouble connecting to any of my servers, please answer the questions in this post and send me a Private Message with your answers.

Troubleshooting your connection to bzflag.allejo.io, Purple Panzer, or Planet-MoFo servers

Thank you for tanking my servers!
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Greetings,

I will be restarting my server around 10pm PST tonight (2/10) and hopefully, my game servers will be back up within a few minutes.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Reporting in, server maintenance is over. It started about 2 hours late (12am instead of 10pm PST) to allow for some MW action to continue :D

Please let me know if I broke anything or missed bringing something back up!
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Scheduled downtime from November 12th at 11pm PDT to November 13th at 2am PDT. The following BZFlag servers will be affected:
  • bzflag.allejo.io
  • postgame.allejo.org
  • planet-mofo.com
  • 1purplepanzer.mooo.com
No BZFlag services will be affected.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Server maintenance is complete! Please shout if you find anything amiss.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

At approximately 9am PST today I was notified that all BZFlag servers on my machine were down (i.e. Purple Panzer, Planet MoFo, NJ League servers, public servers). This happened due to a hardware failure on one of the Internet exchange points that the data center my server uses; this is not hardware or facilities that my data center used but instead relied on externally. At approximately 1pm PST, network connectivity was restored to my server and my servers began popping up again.

Everything is back to normal now!
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

yo allejo, urban seems to be down. i haven't played there since a good while, and that's very atypical to say the least, so it might not be a very recent thing. any info or news about it? cheers.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Green Manalishi wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:36 am yo allejo, urban seems to be down. i haven't played there since a good while, and that's very atypical to say the least, so it might not be a very recent thing. any info or news about it? cheers.
Rebooted!
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

allejo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:54 am Rebooted!
suw33t! thanks for the swift action.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Unscheduled server maintenance! One of my server's hard drives is rebelling against me. I am currently working on quelling that rebellion. I hoping this won't take longer than a day or two. Servers and services affected:

bzflag.allejo.io
allejo.leaguesunited.org
allejo.public.leaguesunited.org
roconut.projects.allejo.io
postgame.allejo.org
planet-mofo.com
1purplepanzer.mooo.com
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Update: both of my server's hard drives were failing and needed to be replaced. They have since been replaced, and the OS has been reinstalled. I'm currently working on restoring my services, but it'll be another day or so before you can see everything up. BZFlag has been compiled, and my database server has been restored from backups.

I'm signing off for the night.
Sub[FR]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sub[FR] »

Sorry to see you have such problems.

Do you need some funding to buy some spares? (In case of another disk crash...).

Patrick
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Today's update, the following services have been restored (hopefully in a stable fashion):
  • Some server admin services that I provide
  • Apocalypse on planet-mofo.com
  • Urban Jungle on bzflag.allejo.io
Everything else remains down or unstable for the next day or two; use those your own risk! I appreciate everyone's patience
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Sub[FR] wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:32 pm Sorry to see you have such problems.

Do you need some funding to buy some spares? (In case of another disk crash...).

Patrick
Thank you for the offer! Thankfully, hardware problems are covered by my hosting provider, so I don't need to worry about that. However, if you want to help fund my servers and services I provide, there's a link in my signature of where you can go throw your money at 😄
Sub[FR]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sub[FR] »

Gift sent ;-)

Patrick
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Sub[FR] wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:59 pm Gift sent ;-)

Patrick
Thank you so much, I appreciate your generosity! 😄
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Thank you everyone for your patience as I scream into the void while restoring my servers. The following BZFlag servers have been restored:
  • 1purplepanzer.mooo.com
  • bzflag.allejo.io
  • planet-mofo.com
The following services are still down. I will be working on restoring them this weekend,
  • postgame.allejo.org