bzflag.allejo.io servers

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Re: bzflag.allejo.io servers

Post by allejo » Sun May 19, 2019 10:36 pm

Been a while since I've posted any server updates. I've been busy with other bz-related projects and improvements to existing infrastructure.

Scheduled downtime on May 24th at 7pm PDT - May 25th 1am PDT. The following BZFlag servers will be affected:
  • bzflag.allejo.io
  • allejo.leaguesunited.org
  • allejo.public.leaguesunited.org
  • roconut.projects.allejo.io
  • planet-mofo.com
  • 1purplepanzer.mooo.com
No BZFlag services will be affected.
Here's my personal website and my open source projects are available on GitHub; I work on a lot of cool things.

allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo » Sat May 25, 2019 2:56 am

Maintenance happened earlier than anticipated, so thank you for your patience and sorry for the individuals I had to boot off my league servers! Everything should be back up and running. Let me know if I missed or broke anything!
Here's my personal website and my open source projects are available on GitHub; I work on a lot of cool things.

allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:06 pm

Urban Jungle is currently down, I will investigate as soon as I can.

Also, more scheduled maintenance possibly on June 29th. More details to follow.

allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:23 pm

Urban Jungle has been restored. Sorry about that! Not sure why that happened

allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:52 pm

Welp, looks like my ISP will be migrating some networking stuff in the data center where my server is hosted. The time frame I was given was June 29th from 9am to 9pm EST... Point is: at some point on the 29th, my server will lose its internet connection temporarily. Whether or not my services will auto-restart after the migration is yet to be seen.

Since I'm not 100% of the effect of this migration, here's what I'm going to do:
  • All of my allejo.leaguesunited.org servers will be down during this time period. Until the migration is complete, I'll leave my league servers down to prevent any matches from being interrupted by a migration that's out of my hands.
  • All other servers and services I run will remain running on their own, for as long as they have a connection. At any point in time, they may go down, so play at your own risk!
Sorry but looks like the 29th is going to leave a lot up to chance! I'll do my best to minimize downtime but since so much is out of my hands, I can't make any guarantees.