Bonfire Project: Community Gathering

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bonfire Project: Community Gathering

Post by tainn »

Hey there!

This thread serves as the main base for anything and everything on the matter of the bonfire project.

About

This project is designed in hopes of collectively bringing bz players together to play and have fun on relatively forgotten, yet great maps. By setting the time and date of these smaller events up in front, it attempts to bring in a smaller level of organization, in order to get the interested people together on the same place at the same time.

The psychology behind the project is meant to be quite lax, however. There are no plans to have strict schedules and consistency for these gatherings. It is planned as a flexible project, adapting to the wishes of its participants and their availability. While I do act as the host of these events, anyone is free to take on the initiative and host a gathering of their own. Whatever the case, please, be mindful of each other.

Contribution

Anyone can contribute to this project, mainly through two factors:
  • Be present at the gatherings when available :)
  • If interested, please, do comment below or send me a private message, stating which map you would prefer to play on next, as well as your preferred time of the gathering
Why 'bonfire project'?

Bonfires are used during various celebrations, holidays, events, or during some social gatherings, so it seemed like a nifty name for the project. It was named a 'project' because it sounds cool to do so, shh

Template

While you can use whatever format you desire and find informative, should you host any of these gatherings yourself, you can use this preset format:

description: map name
date, time: day month year, time (timezone) (converter)
server, port: server, port
more info: strayer
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Bonfire Project: Community Gathering

Post by tainn »

With the release of the project, let's set the first entry up already;

description: Paradise Valley FFA by ahs3
date, time: 25 Nov 2018, 18:00 or 6 pm (GMT) (converter)
server, port: bzflag.allejo.io, 5103
more info: strayer

It is set for more than two days since the time of this post; this should also act as a test of responsiveness.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

It will be difficult, but if time permits, I'll be there.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

Hey Zehra,

Awesome! If some other time would be preferable over the one set for the current gathering, please, do share it either here or via a private message. This goes to any other interested players as well. I will attempt to stockpile any time (or date) requests I receive to formulate a schedule that fits the majority for any further gatherings we hold.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

The evenings tend to work a bit better for me, usually around 11PM GMT/23 UTC works best for me.
Saturdays and Fridays are usually days I'm able to be active in as well.
Still, if the notices are in enough in advance, I'm usually able to work with most schedules. :wink:

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

Just a reminder to any interested players passing by that the gathering is scheduled to begin in an hour!
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

After consulting with a few other regulars, I have come to a conclusion that these forums, as they stand right now, are not one of the best channels to organize events or gatherings on, considering that even most regulars do not check them out frequently.

While I will be keeping this thread open in case that ever changes, it can be assumed that further gatherings will primarily be planned via private messages now, or some other community source that is active at that time.