No Bad Flags

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
JamesCRocks
Private First Class
Private First Class

No Bad Flags

Post by JamesCRocks »

Hi,

Is there a way to disable bad flags completely? Not just for me, for a game being hosted ... we're only playing for fun so bad flags are just a pain. I'm not even sure where to look to configure them, map, server config or server command line.

Thanks

James
James C Rocks, Author & Blogger
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein
blast
General
General

Re: No Bad Flags

Post by blast »

If you're using the -s and +s options to add flags, add -f bad. Otherwise, if you're using +f, just don't add bad flags. You may need to modify the map file in a plain text editor if it defines flags.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

To add on to what blast has said, flags are usually specified in the conf file. You can also specify them in the options block of the bzw file, as far as I know, but I tend to keep that aspect to the conf file. Also, relating to blast's post, I would advise using the additive approach of just adding specific flags that you want, since you have more control like that.

Here is an example that does not utilize zones, so flags are dropped randomly accross the map:

Code: Select all

-fb

+f SW{5}
+f WG{5}

-sl SW 10
Let's go over this together. -fb allows flags to spawn on buildings. +f SW{5} and +f WG{5} create 5 Shock Wave and 5 Wings flags on the field. -sl SW 1 sets the shot limit of Shock Wave to 10, meaning that after triggering Shock Wave 10 times without dropping it, it will automatically drop and reposition somewhere else on the map.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Additionally, the "zoneflag" option in "zones" may be used to specific which flags you wish to spawn and where, regardless of options specified.
This may be used to generate flags which always spawn in specific locations.
For instance, stealth and cloaking flags nearby team bases or lasers and guided missiles in places which are tricky to get to.

Keep in mind though that the configurations and command line options should be checked, as any flags which are randomly positioned and appear on the map will be based on those options, if not the map itself.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread