Troubleshooting your connection to bzflag.allejo.io, Purple Panzer, or Planet-MoFo servers

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Troubleshooting your connection to bzflag.allejo.io, Purple Panzer, or Planet-MoFo servers

Post by allejo »

Hello! You've been linked to this post because you're likely facing some trouble connecting to either my bzflag.allejo.io, Purple Panzer, or Planet MoFo servers. Here is a list of questions I'd like you to answer so that I can start helping determine the cause of your connectivity issues.
  • What OS are you on?
  • What version of BZFlag are you running?
  • What is your IP address?
  • When you connect to a server, what happens?
    • You can connect fully and can see other players
    • Your client crashes; i.e. your BZFlag window disappears and you have to restart it.
      • If this happens, run BZFlag from the command line (Terminal for *nix or Command Prompt for Windows) and use the -d flag
    • Your client hangs for a few seconds and you see a message saying "Error connecting to server" from the join menu
    • Your client may appear to connect but you receive a red message in your console which some text. Tell me what this text says
    • Something else not on this list
  • If you cannot connect to a server, attempt connecting to any map on *all* of these servers:
    • bmbz.freemyip.com
    • allejo.bzflag.io
    • planet-mofo.com
    • 1purplepanzer.mooo.com
Please send me a Private Message with this information because this would just lead to spamming the forums. For that reason, I'm locking this topic.