What does the public Want?

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Sir Lance-A-Lot
Private First Class
Private First Class

What does the public Want?

Post by Sir Lance-A-Lot »

I have been experimenting a lot with my new server.
Changing maps, editing variables, changing server environment, gameplay, and so on. But, sadly it attracts few ppl. I need suggestions from yall. A server needs to be interesting, challenging, but still very enjoyable. There are pages of servers that dont get played on, mine on one of them. I believe I could make an awsome server, but I need the perfect combination. So, Im looking for the opinions of the ppl that luv adventure. Anything is accepted. I just needa know what to put on it wink:
Last edited by Sir Lance-A-Lot on Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

well for variables i'd say not too crazy, like no SUPER fast shtos and no tank speed around even 60. unless you want a superspeed server but those usually are fun and a little popular for the first few days then they just die.

for maps, i'd say if your not a decent mapmaker start with someone elses (no offense and do ask them), for instance (sorry for those who i leave out in this short 'list') ducatiwannabe is a great mapmaker.
A map should be interesting, it should have hiding places, camping places (optional ;) ), and an interesting place for bases (if CTF) and mabye little challenges to get somewhere here and there.

as for lag, minimum lag ;) .

and (this may not be so important) a catchy name ;)
Sir Lance-A-Lot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sir Lance-A-Lot »

Hey thanks Scorch.
I like DW's maps a lot.
Ima put ona dem on.
And i think it should b FFA.
Least ima try it that way for a while.
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

oh and another thing.. this is kinda cheap but put some bzadmin clients or bots in to raise it on the list, say 3 bzadmin clients or a lot of bots but then when people join take the bots out.