Registration Problem Requires Me To Change My Player Name

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
AlexanderTheGreat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Registration Problem Requires Me To Change My Player Name

Post by AlexanderTheGreat »

When I registered for the forum, I had to shorten my player name from AlexanderTheGreat to AlexanderTG. That was the only way the registration would go through.

Now I am wondering if this is preventing me from being recognized as being registered on 2.0 servers. I would not mind typing my name in each time, except I keep getting messages back that the Registration Command is "Disabled", as is the Identify command. Nor do my admin powers work, even tho I am listed on the server as an admin. I am using Mac software, if that is relevant.

Sorry if some of this post probably should be placed elsewhere, but I thought the registration part was most appropriate here.

Thanx!
Jormungandr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Local registration is disabled on most servers

Post by Jormungandr »

On 2.0 registration is no longer local, unless specified. Your username/password should be placed in the "username" and "password" field under the "join game" sub menu. So if your trying to "/identify" or "/register" it wont work. *Sorry for a late reply but I noticed you got no reply*

-cheers
In life there are passengers and drivers... Drivers needed
AlexanderTheGreat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Jormungandr:

Thank you very much for the response.

I did as you explained, and entered username and password from the pre-2.0 server in the 2.0 server sign on screen, but I got the same result. Although now I understand not to bother using the /identify or /register commands, the server still won't recognize me as an admin, and I don't think it recognizes me as registered either. I get a "dash" preceding my name on the player list. ("- AlexanderTheGreat"). My name continues to appear on the admin list.

From reading posts here, I was under the impression that "Global Registration" in 2.0 meant that if I registered here in the forum, that this was recognized by the 2.0 servers upon sign on. I guess I was wrong about that?

I wonder if this is a Mac issue only.....

Thank you again, Jormungandr for your reply.
Jormungandr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Globel id

Post by Jormungandr »

Oh yes the registration on the forums is the same for the bzflag servers now. So you were right about that, the dash beside your name means that your callsign is reconized, but your password is not correct. You need to varify your password with the forum.

--cheers
In life there are passengers and drivers... Drivers needed
AlexanderTheGreat
Private First Class
Private First Class

I think I'm beginning to understand this!

Thank you again, Jormungandr!

It is getting clearer to me!

The problem I'm left with is that my registered name here on the forum will never match my player name on the servers, since I had to shorten my name here for the registration to go through.

I wish the forum allowed a longer name, such as "AlexanderTheGreat" so I could be recognized on the servers. The longer name works in the CTF League Registration, but not in the forum.

Now my only option would be to change my player name to match "AlexanderTG", as I use here. I'm hoping I don't have to do that, as no one will recognize me!