Issue of not being able to join if you are already signed on

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Agent Pyke
Private First Class
Private First Class

Issue of not being able to join if you are already signed on

Post by Agent Pyke »

An issue was brought up with me. My comp crashed and left me signed on in bzflag, I couldn't log back in because I somehow stayed on. I know this has been a on going error to. I understand not being ablt to log on if the person is globally logged in, but what about a fake? Sof if you ahve a fake on you can't log in, tehrefore you cant kick the fake you if you are a admin. Can somoene fix this issue?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

you can ghost.

/ghost username password

and it'll kick the person on your name.

you just have to log in as another name.
ImageJeffM
Agent Pyke
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent Pyke »

ok, how does that work? u sign on anotehr name, /ghost username password and if its right that one gets kicked, o ok.
brad2901
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by brad2901 »

JeffM2501 wrote:you can ghost.

/ghost username password

and it'll kick the person on your name.

you just have to log in as another name.
If I do this on 2.0, will the server owner be abe to see my password I use here?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

yup, it's sadly an artifact of the /ghost system being an older server command and not an integrated feature using the token from the list server.
ImageJeffM
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

2.0.1 servers will automatically ghost players using your playername without needing your password if you use global logins. This is a much better solution. E.g.: player is logged into server with username DTRemenak. I try to log in, using global auth. Auth succeeds. First player (likely my ghost) is kicked off the server, and I can join.