Planet Mofo League

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Planet Mofo League

Post by Sir_Pants »

Planet mofo is now starting a league tournament, at the moments it is in the building stages, forming teams and organizing games, the league server will be at delusion.servebeer.com port 5154, to join PM me, A-delusion to add you to view the topic upon the mofo board or you may also leave your name here if you would like to join or form a team (leave team members here too), teams max out at 6 players, first league games will be this coming sunday, time: TBA, any questions just ask
Last edited by Sir_Pants on Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MONKEYPANTS.COM
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

....just started yesterday.

Post by optic delusion »

I will admin the teams, and run the server. I just started this Monday Morning.

We have two full 6-man teams, one half team. we'd like four total teams BEFORE Sunday.
Once these are full, no more teams will be accepted, for a week or so, to give me a rest, and make sure server setup is fully tested.

Map will be red vs blue Passion map, as on Lord Vader's server.

We're looking forward to hearing from you.
DO NOT send to I_Died_Once , please. Send to me or pants. BIYA is looking for teammates right now. We still need one entire team.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Post by [dmp] »

Didnt you forget details like; rules, server setup and alike? What makes this league different from the others?
I don't need huge pictures here.

Post by Guest »

I think its in the style of regular MoFo which is jumping, rico, lots of shots, lots of flags... etc. The map is kinda simple - not like any of the really crazy maps people like dutchrai, ducatiwannabe, louman, etc make. It has 2 bases, 6 other boxes around the outside, I think 8 pyramids and a tower of boxes in the middle which you may or may not be able to go under. :) Delusion/Pants please correct me... :P
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Yeah, I run the server, but I suck as a player. Mainly because most of my time on there is spent dealing with people's issues. That, and I am fully loaded with personal issues. I am off and on of my server at all hours of the day and night in random intervals, so I wanted to let my admin team handle the hassle of doing a league.

The map is relatively small, fairly simple, and a little quirky. As always, you can expect there to be no shot limits with the super flags, generous wing jumps, and the freedom to say what you want to say, because I got better things to do than fret over what you people talk about. (we are very affluent with the /mute command for those who scroll, type in all caps, and get stupid in general)

I believe that a seperate server will be ran for league games - but if I am around and with enough advanced warning, I might can switch mine over for league use. (we'll use a separate group file I believe...)

Aside from that, I have no clue as to how leagues work, the intricacies of it all or nothing. I have to divert all questions to those in charge of this MoFo project.
...This has been a recording.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

newb to league serving

Post by optic delusion »

Darth Vader/I_Died_Once are the same person. He runs the regular Planet MoFo server.
A-Delusion, me, will admin and run the league server, at delusional.servebeer.com, so the Planet MoFo can go on unfettered

It's all still up in the air. The first official match has been scheduled for this Sunday night. Right now I'm concentrating on getting players registrated.

Planet MoFo's Passion of the Flag Capture map plays very different than other league servers. It's fast wild action with 10 shot limit on a smallish map. And plenty of unlimited superflags too. You've got to play it to understand.
No Rule has been formally decided, thinking of matches with a race to seven captures, no genocide flags, otherwise no shot limits. This will change however.

I announced the formation of this league Monday morning on the Planet MoFo forum. This is a closed forum. After I get it fully tested, we will probably move all discussion onto the regular league forum. So prepare for an invasion of the mofos.
Last edited by optic delusion on Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
LanDing
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by LanDing »

I like it

I will play

Server and map are alot of fun

its a candy store there come see
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

If BIYA still needs teammates, I'll join. :)
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.