Suicide Tanks

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
H0ley
Private First Class
Private First Class

Suicide Tanks

Post by H0ley »

A-Delusion, others, and I are currently tinkering with his new server. The question I bring up is, is there a way lower the countdown on the self-destruct? I think making that instant or near instant would be a good check and balance against Geno.

Suggestions please?
/loves meteorite's mom
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

that isn't

Post by optic delusion »

That isn't what I was talking about. I wanted to make it so you can instantly respawn after you get killed. Like at kapsi's river map.
I found the correct command for this is set _explodeTime 0
default is 5 seconds
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Suicide Tanks

Post by RPG »

The Holey Tank wrote:A-Delusion, others, and I are currently tinkering with his new server. The question I bring up is, is there a way lower the countdown on the self-destruct? I think making that instant or near instant would be a good check and balance against Geno.
I looked at the self destruct code once, and it's in the client, and it looks like it's a constant 5 seconds. That would be cool if you could change it, though.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

what if you could selfdestruct next to an enemy tank, and the explosion would kill the other tank?is that possible?
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Phalanx wrote:what if you could selfdestruct next to an enemy tank, and the explosion would kill the other tank?is that possible?
Anything is possible. It's just not a feature in the game right now.
Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

Lowering the self destruct time would be a nuissance because anybody could just self destruct when they are about to get killed. I would lose a point whether they killed me or I self destructed, but self destructing means they don't get a point, so the choice to self destruct is a much smarter one in that case. Gameplay would be bad because it would be tougher to gain points as everyone just blows themselves up before you can kill them.