shorten ricochet length?

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Half Track
Private First Class
Private First Class

shorten ricochet length?

Post by Half Track »

Hi.
My map 'TrackWorld' is a fairly small map so I have taken off the ricochet option as the amount of 'lucky' kills took the fun out of the game.

Some people feel that they like ricochet in their game and I am wondering if I can compromise by having ricochet on but applying a short length on it.

I cannot seen to find a 'set' command to do this though, can anyone help? or even let me know if it is possible?

Thanks in advance. HT
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

you can /set _shotLength(i think thats it) to something small. not sure what the default is. but that means that all bullets will not go as far, so choose that setting wisely.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Half Track
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hannibal

Post by Half Track »

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have already experimented with shot length to get the best setting for the map.

If there is not a way of setting ricochet length then I will have to leave things as they are.

Thanks anyway
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by temporal distraction »

How about putting 10 unit high pyramids (maybe 3 by worldsize base size) centered right on the edge of the play field?
Then all of the ricochets will go up up and away and the the shot length would not be effected.

-ATD-